PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping troubles phenergan/ promethazine/ diazepam

ShaunD
28-03-15, 10:48
Hi please can somebody advise me regards the phernagan .
I am currently having sleeping problems of being up most nights and struggling to sleep .
I am currently taking 5mg diazepam 3 timrs per day & busperine 20mg per day but am having awful trouble sleeping .
My doc 1 week ago prescribed me phenergan 50mg per night and it has helped a lot .
I am ok to kerp taking this at 50mg as it says on the label do not use for more than 7 days but without it I can't sleep at all.
I can't get intouch with my doc today but just didn't want to become addicted to another drug that I will struggle to get off .
I take 50mg 1 hour before bed and I get about 6 hours sleep which is a lot better than before but I am just worried that I can become addicted .

MyNameIsTerry
28-03-15, 11:14
According to NHS Direct it is not normally used for longer than 7 days. This implies that it can be otherwise it would be clearer. So, a suitably qualified medical professional may use it longer under certain circumstances but it is a multiuse medication so I guess it depends what they are treating.

I think the best thing you can do here is play safe and ask someone who is trained to advise you. Asking a pharmacist or calling NHS Direct would be the best way if you can't contact your GP.

Cherryade
28-03-15, 15:45
How many tablets did the doctor give you? If he only wanted you to take it for a week, you would only have got a weeks worth of tablets.

ShaunD
28-03-15, 18:17
The doc gave me 2 weeks worth of tablets . The first week to take 2 x 25mg & the next week just 1 x 25mg.
I tried with just 1 25mg after 7 days but didn't get much sleep at all .
I will have to contact the doc next week and hopefully he will give me some more so I can take 2 again