PDA

View Full Version : CA19-9 tunour marker for pancreatic cancer outside of normal range

Kernol
28-03-15, 12:18
Please help! I had stomach pains and gas went to private doctor just for standard blood test so I could check my liver function was ok as I had started to freak it was pancreatic cancer. He suggested I havevthe ca19-9 tumour marker blood test for pancreatic cancer done which would completely eliminate my worries.

That was until it same back outside of normal range. Normal range for lab is 0-27 and mine was 29. All other results normal.

I have been in a state ever since convinced I have a death sentence of pancreatic cancer hanging over me. I had an MRI done the next day privately to try and allay my fears. It showed nothing but I'm still panicking.

I have read elevated levels can be a precursor to pancreatic cancer developing in months to come and I feel like Im a ticking time bomb.

How am I supposed to live like this? I can't eat sleep concentrate. All I can do is obsess about why my tumour marker is so high. I know he should never have done the test in the first place as it is not supposed to be used for screening but that doesn't help me now

Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do? Has anyone else hears of anyone healthy having raised ca19??

gidluite
12-04-15, 02:23
Wohh there.