PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with sexual health...bleh

youdontknowme
29-03-15, 00:48
Hey guys, haven't been on for a while. For those who may remember me, I found out I had HPV a while back. I went to the doc for my biopsy, and a nurse came up to give me the relief of my life. She told me that since I'm barely even 21, they see no reason why further examination is necessary. I'm still so young and healthy that my body will fight the infection off within a year. Yay.
But, ever since discovering I have HPV, I have been OBSESSING over every little discharge and itch. It's driving me nuts. I've been tested for every common STD to this community since my last sexual partner. I'm clean other than HPV.
I just can't stop worrying that somehow the test didn't pick something up, or that I have a rare yet very serious disease like HIV or Hep C. It didn't help that I ate some beets yesterday and it made my poop look kind of bloody.
I have had a few yeast infections this year, but I don't seem to have one right now, at least not an obvious one. As long as I clean myself well and stick to cotton underwear I am not uncomfortable.
The last time I had sex, I did spot and it was uncomfortable, but I'm pretty sure that was due to a yeast infection that I had at the time. Plus my birth control can cause spotting. I've been tested for gonorrhea since and I'm clean.
STILL CAN'T STOP WORRYING, THOUGH. GOD.
What do you guys think?

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

I mean, it would be a very good idea to make sure I get a full STD panel including HIV and all that, but I'm in between insurance plans and I just need to find a way to stop biting my nails in the meantime. I haven't always been the smartest about using protection, and it's all worrying me.