PDA

View Full Version : Been to Docs!

russ
19-01-07, 14:24
Following my last A&E visit where the doctor said he was going to write to my GP, I returned to the surgery today.

Basically when I explained the situation and the pains and what the A&E doctor had said, my GP said "who wouldn't be anxious". To be honest while I think anxiety does play a part in how I feel, very much my chest pain is physical and the real problem.

On further examination the doctor once again said I have clear signs of costochondritis. He now says most cases last upto 6 months and I have to go for physiotherapy. If this doesn't work I have to have cortisone injections in my chest.

My doc says the 3rd and 4th costochondral junctions are inflammed and they are very painful to the touch. It is scary how much pain they give and how long this condition lasts. Doc said to me the latest thinking is it is viral related which attacks this junction. Scary to think I was a healthy 27 year-old up until a few months back, now because of this I'm troubled with chronic pain and anxiety about it.

I hope it eventually resolves!

Thanks for reading.

ceecee
19-01-07, 14:36
hi russ
hope your treatment goes well for you
you,ll soon feel much better!
take care
rach x

yorkylover
19-01-07, 15:42
Hi Russ hope you feel better soon.xx

Ellen XX

lildutt
19-01-07, 16:14
hun you did well going the doc and hope you feel good about going and hope you feel better soon
bellxx