PDA

View Full Version : Is this just dry eyes?

little.miss.worry
29-03-15, 14:51
Since last night it's felt as though i've got like, grit in my eye. Checked it and nothing there so I thought oh it'll just go when I wake up in the morning. Woke up and it's felt like i've got grit in both of them now! And they've started to become very sore :( So I went out and brought some eye drops because maybe it's dry eyes?

I have no redness or anything on the eyes but I've been freaking out it's something more as in like an eye infection of some sort. My vision isn't blurred either. It's just my eyes feel very sore and gritty :(

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)

swgrl09
29-03-15, 14:56
I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like dry eye to me. I used to have this with a medication I was on and grittiness is one of the major signs of dry eye. If the eye drops don't help, try a heavier duty eye gel or ointment. They last a bit longer. I used systane for a while.

little.miss.worry
29-03-15, 15:04
I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like dry eye to me. I used to have this with a medication I was on and grittiness is one of the major signs of dry eye. If the eye drops don't help, try a heavier duty eye gel or ointment. They last a bit longer. I used systane for a while.

Okay thanks for the advise! It's greatly appreciated! It's just I don't want to go the doctors if it's something I can sort myself.., so thank you! ^_^

swgrl09
29-03-15, 15:35
I definitely understand, I am trying to not run to the doctors for every little thing myself and it is hard sometimes!!

little.miss.worry
29-03-15, 15:37
I definitely understand, I am trying to not run to the doctors for every little thing myself and it is hard sometimes!!

It really is :( I literally go every week for something new and I hate it :( I find it so embarrassing as well :(

Toby2000
29-03-15, 19:24
Hey :)

Sounds a bit like hay fever to me, what you describe is how I feel all the time in summer haha

Toby

jessicalittler79
30-03-15, 05:33
Sounds like dry eyes to me also I've had dry eyes I explain it as when I blink feels like sandpaper .eye doc gave me drops and they worked wonders

tana49
25-03-19, 23:41
sounds like dry eye - but you do need to know why. Go and speak to your pharmacist - they will be able to give great advice and treatment.