PDA

View Full Version : anxiety getting worse

Dizzy daily
29-03-15, 16:05
Hi everyone new here thank you for taking time to read my moan, First of all sorry it's long and probably don't make sense, I was diagnosed with anxiety 5 years ago I'm 28 year old male. I've had some stressful times in the past. I don't feel stressed now I'm married feel stress free however my anxiety seems to be getting worse. I'm quite worried doctors seem to just not care I've had blood tests and an ECG came back fine that was about 2 years ago, I've also had CBT in the past but never helped I'm currently on 25mg amytrypline I take one at night they have only helped me stop being sick I think anyway. Recently I've been having trouble when I'm asleep I will jump up gasping for air and I scare my wife this is very worrying I have lost my job due to my physical symptoms and I spend a lot of time in bed. I think I have health anxiety as when I'm Ill I think I'm dying or got the worst I do the dreaded Google search looking for my symptoms. I know I'm not the only person suffering but I feel like I am as know one around me has or is experiancing my symptoms. I also have sudden dizzy spells and my blood pressure is normally high. :bighug1:

venusbluejeans
29-03-15, 16:11
Hiya Dizzy daily and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
29-03-15, 18:00
CBT is a long process starting with coping skills and eventually down the line getting to changing thought patterns. Did you get past relaxation and distractions to actually changing thought patterns. The first half of CBT only deals with coping, not stopping. The full deal works but you have to do the whole thing.

Davit

Dizzy daily
29-03-15, 18:12
Hi Davit thanks for the reply the CBT I had was about concentrating on my breathing like holding one hand on my leg another on my chest and breath in and out. It got to the stage where she signed me of and said there was nothing else she could do to help. A year later I got refered again but this time was different I spoke to the lady once every 2 weeks for an hour face to face and I had to write down my thoughts and was exsplained about the vicious circle.I do admit it was my thought as I didn't stay for the whole lot I just stopped going as my physical symptoms were getting the better of me.

Davit
29-03-15, 19:11
There are some good coping skills in top tips, two of them are mine. There are a lot of coping skills depending on what the symptoms are. One for slowing down heart rate is counting slower than your pulse and trying to match it.
But if you are not working and have time go to the net and read all you can on memory. It explains why you are having reoccurring panic. Another good thing to look at is the thought triangle or it is sometimes referred to as the emotions triangle. These are cognitive and advanced CBT and you likely would have been a half to full year in therapy before getting to them.It depends on therapists too, some never do anything except coping skills and you need more than that.
Is it possible you have sleep apnea. And that is waking you. It would turn into a trigger after a while. There are other things besides CBT but I leave that to those more familiar with them. CBT worked for me but it was a long process to do the whole thing. The coping skills made it possible though. There is a CBT program her but I haven't looked at it. Where I live therapy is free I spent five years in therapy, one year getting better and four years gathering information so I could get cured. I could have stopped after the first year but wanted the Cognitive part. I wanted a cure and I got it. I can go anywhere and do anything within my physical limitations. I don't have panic attacks any more. I'm 64 and have arthritis.

Dizzy daily
29-03-15, 22:14
Thanks for the info davit I'm not sure if it's sleep apnea I am ringing doctors tomorrow to book another appointment I will do some research on the memory and give the tips ago many thanks :yesyes: