PDA

View Full Version : Shaking and slurring words

steph25
29-03-15, 17:34
I have been having some problems and I was just wondering if anybody else had them. I have just come through a really stressful month and the past week I have been really relaxed but starting to worry because these aren't going:

Shaking - feels like parts of my body are shaking inside, especially my right arm.
Twitching
Slurring words/getting words confused

My Mum has also noticed me slurring my words, she says it's slurring. She says I normally speak really clearly and it's just been a little less clear.

I have been to the doctor and I was fine, it was really frustrating because I can tell when I'm doing it and I wasn't then. He said that my speech sounded fine but he didn't get to hear what it can be like. So I'm not sure what to do, because if it was something serious, would it be there all the time?

I just don't know if I should be worrying or not.

Dazza123
29-03-15, 18:12
Im diabetic, and when my blood sugar is getting too low my speech will slur a bit, have you had your blood sugars tested?

steph25
29-03-15, 18:53
Yes I have had them checked but not recently, how often should it be checked?

Dazza123
29-03-15, 20:53
Well, I have to check multiple times a day, but in general if not diabetic then there isn't a reason to check unless you think diabetes is a possibility. Have you or your doctor ever suspected diabetes?

Sometimes a non diabetic can have low sugar, which can cause slurred speech. Id ask for another check up just in case, and its at least something to rule out :)