PDA

View Full Version : few thoughts on death

Alice1
29-03-15, 17:43
So I am struggling so very very much at the minute. No just mentally but physically as well, and it seems like no doctors are listening. But instead of talking about that I am going to post a few things about death I found that might help a few people. I love reading other people's, and especially the wisdom of older people, thoughts on the matter.

'The reason you are worried is because you are not yet ready to die yet, as your body is healthy. Sometimes the body is right and you should listen to it.'

'It is true that one day you will die, but the rest of the days you will live!'

'It has made me realize that there's always that question of why nobody knows where we go. Well, there must be a reason for that. We'll never know because that's a mystery. I know about as much about it as the most learned men in the world, I would imagine. Because nobody really knows what happens to you.
But I am very comfortable. I'm not afraid to die. Being near to death impacted me greatly, to be honest, and I don't talk about it. It's something that's very personal. But I'm a better person for it. I do wonder -- I think God must be saving me for something and I can't figure out what it is. Maybe I'll know someday when I'm 110.
But about dying, I'm not one bit afraid. Well, if you stop to think about it, it's a natural thing. Everything dies. Whether we come back or not or what happens there, I don't know. But it's like my husband used to say whenever we did discuss it: "If you go to heaven, how wonderful. But if you go to sleep, what's wrong with that?"'- Edwina Elbert, 94

'But, you know, when you're younger you go to bed and you think about death, and "Oh my God!" Or you're sick: "What if I don't wake up?" I don't think that anymore. Now that I'm old, I'm at peace when I go to bed. I figure if I don't wake up, well, maybe I'll be someplace nicer. It's just a funny thing. I used to be scared to go sleep when I wasn't feeling good, but not anymore. I'm not ready to die or anything like that, but I'm just not afraid to die. I think there's something on the other side, and I've got some sisters over there who will be waiting for me. I'm not worried at all. And that's something I didn't think I'd ever come to terms with.'

And just as an extra, from the poets of those who post on yahoo answers, in reply to the question 'how do I stop worrying about death and cancer?'

'Fink of da sea'

Stay happy people! We can do this, I'm sure.