PDA

View Full Version : Paul Mckenna Hypnotherapy cd help

samjor101
19-01-07, 14:31
I recently purchased change your life in 7 days, looking forward to reading it and trying the free cd but when I opened it it said not to use if you suffer from epilesy. I suffer from social anxiety and have a bad phobia of epilesy (I dont suffer from it) which has made me weary of the cd and I fear using it. Can anyone explain to me why people with epilesy cant use the cd? Thank you

Robertc160882
19-01-07, 15:57
Hi the reason for this is people with personality disorders, psychosis and certain neurological disorders such as epilepsy are advised to avoid hypnotherapy as there is some evidence to suggest that it can precipitate onset of episodes of these disorders.

Hope this helps.

Robert

samjor101
19-01-07, 16:02
So what your are saying is that it wont do me any harm? Social phobia isnt a personality disorder?

ladybird
19-01-07, 16:08
Hi,

I also bought a hypnotherapy CD and saw it was not recommended if you suffer from epilepsy. Well, as I have a general anxiety disorder this freaked me and I would not use it, so money was wasted.

I am afraid of pretty much everything - life itself!

I need help but when I try to help myself I am too afraid to do what is suggested. Can't win!

samjor101
19-01-07, 16:14
Yeah know the feeling mate, but I feel the more I get reassurance the more the fear of using such cds will leave me. Ive heard a lot of good things about this book and have been looking forward to use it.