PDA

View Full Version : Dry Retching in mornings with anxiety

ShaunD
30-03-15, 09:40
Hi, Does anyone else suffer with dry retching in the mornings.
After getting up i always just dry retch in the toilet for about half an hour.
I am not sick as nothing ever comes up,its just dry retching and all my body and hands shake throughout the day.
I am currently taking 3 x 5mg busperine & a bit of diazepam when needed but the dry retching will not stop.
i think it maybe something to do with the worry another day can cause.
Am i alone on this one as don't see it much.
Please don't anybody tell me to eat a bit of something in the morning as thats the last thing that i could do as I never feel like eating breakfast and the thought of it would make me dry retch even more.
I would really like to know how to recover from this as i am now taking it into the rest of the day.
I am booked in for nhs cbt course but there is a 6 month waiting list.
Hopefully somebody could shed some light on this as I can't be the only one .
Thanks in advance

nicola1980
30-03-15, 15:00
Hi i used to suffer with dry retching every morning, I'd wake up shaking then spend half an hour with my head in the kitchen sink, it was absolutely awful and happened every single morning, mine only stopped when I got on the right meds and my anxiety got more manageable, fortunately touch wood I've not had it for 3 years X

ShaunD
30-03-15, 16:07
That's great to hear that it does stop eventually .
May I ask what medication made it better for you as I have tried a lot and not been helpfull so far . I am currently on busperine which I have been on for nearly 3 weeks now but not had much improvement . Xx

Vixxy
30-03-15, 16:41
I had this, it wasn't just in the mornings though. Whenever I got anxious :( My doctor gave me Domperidone, which really helped. Not sure if it was a placebo effect, but it helped. I think its called Motilium now.

nicola1980
30-03-15, 16:55
I also tried quite a few but they didn't work but eventually I was put onto venlafaxine and once my dosage was right my anxiety slowly got better and the retching stopped xx

Dying_Swan
30-03-15, 22:11
Hi Shaun

I also get this when I'm really anxious. For me, it's definitely anxiety and it is always much worse first thing in the morning. I wish I could give you some helpful advice, but I haven't figured out how to get rid of it myself. I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone. I hope this eases up soon for you.

Logan_Five
31-03-15, 09:09
Happened to me weekend before last when my anxiety was bad. It'a an awful feeling. :(

ShaunD
31-03-15, 14:06
I get it every morning now as a lot of times during the day,
I am anxius 24/7 and shaking.
I am currently taking busperine 30mg per day now for three weeks and is just not working.
I thought i would have at least seen some affect from it by now but I am no better at all and maybe a little bit worse than when i started them.
i have read some posts saying its a useless drug but some others have had good reviews and have taken it for long periods and said that it does take 3 - 4 weeks to see any benefit some I am just praying i start and feel a little better soon.

ShaunD
02-04-15, 12:19
I have gone back on mirtizipine now as I wasn't getting any sleep since coming of it 5 weeks ago.
I am now on 30mg mirtizipine & 30mg busperine .
I am just hoping that this combination works .
Thanks for all your replies and I will keep you posted .

nicola1980
02-04-15, 12:32
Good luck, I hope you get some respite soon XX

Logan_Five
02-04-15, 13:09
I was dry wretching again, yesterday pm. It's not a nice experience and it's defo a symptom of the anxiety. I hope the change in meds gives you some respite, Shaun.