PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am new and really struggling

gentleminds
30-03-15, 21:12
Hi, I have been struggling with anxiety and panic for years. It flares up periodically and can last for ages.
I am currently going through a really bad patch and have just been signed off by my GP. However this in itself is stressing me out as i dont get paid sick leave so have financial worries and also when i am bad i hate being home alone and will often resort to pacing the streets just to get away from my terror (doesnt work though!!)

I just can't cope with that horrible feeling of fear that something awful is about to happen, and that choking band round my chest and throat.

venusbluejeans
30-03-15, 21:17
Hiya gentleminds and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

PanicAttackGurl
30-03-15, 21:51
If I'm correct, there is a forum titled therapy and inside that forum a link for the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy workbooks. It has helped me.

There is also a Forum titled Tips. Check that one out also.

I hope you are feeling relief soon.

aprilmoon
30-03-15, 22:50
Hi
Are you on any meds to help at all? :)

PanicAttackGurl
31-03-15, 01:37
I started Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with a holistic approach using vitamins such as B complex, C and D. I also put everything I had into the work for CBT.

Were you able to find the link in the forum for the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy workbooks?