PDA

View Full Version : Sharp chest/back pains! :(

IckleLottie123
30-03-15, 23:03
Hi guys, had the all clear for my cholesterol today it's 4.0, and my doctor said everything else is healthy and fine, I've had 7 ECG's, a blood test last year and it's all come back fine. But all day today I've been having a really bad aching in my upper back in my spine and my shoulder blades, just got into bed and was lead on my left side and got an almighty sharp pain go through the left side of my chest nearer the center and up my neck into my throat which made me jump up and panic thinking oh god I'm having a heart attack, the doctors were wrong! I've managed to calm myself down a bit but now I'm aching all over and am getting sharp pains in my back, chest, arms, neck and it's so scary, does anyone else get this? I've done a lot more walking the past few days as I want to start doing more exercise and after I called 111 this morning that's what they said the back pain was, muscle strain, but this is a very painful sharp pain and is worrying me, in two minds whether to call 999. Anyone? :weep: xox

Gary A
30-03-15, 23:39
if you're worried about your heart then it's really up to you. It certainly doesn't sound like anything to do with your heart, none of the pains you describe sound like a heart attack, your multiple tests seem to suggest your heart is fine and you've also spoken to a nurse advisor who would have sent an ambulance hurtling toward you if they in any way thought you were having a heart attack. As I said though, it's really up to you. Do you honestly believe you may be having a heart attack or is it possible you're just over reacting?