PDA

View Full Version : well I guess you all win

spock1
19-01-07, 17:51
I posted an innocent thread on this board offering my support for someone who is going through an appauling time, I had seen a thread on corrie and other non panic related threads and thought that it would be ok to post on this forum as this was a misc. item, I also wrongly (it seems) thought that if people didnt agree with the thread that they would just ignore it. I had genuinely sent a link of it to Shilpa and another member of her agents/staff who had assured me that they would show her it to her when suitable after she came out, I did get a few negative posts on it but I had also received a number of positive emails saying to just ignore them and to keep posting so I did, even though I did get stressed partly at some of the postings, but more at the thought that this would cause offence or that I would lose the thread which those that posted negative stuff will be pleased to know that they have won and it seems that my thread has been removed!!. to say that this has gutted, upset and stressed me would be an understatement, I am going thoug a really hard time and it gave me something else to be concentrate on. I have only ever posted on this site to help people like the animal cam that I thought would help people relax etc so to have a thread removed with no explanation like this has really upset me on top of everything else it could have at least have been left on for another couple of weeks just so Shilpa could have seen it ???

darkangel
19-01-07, 18:24
you are obviously feeling really let down by this happening. Its not always about people winning or losing. Threads sometimes become controversal and when it causes upset, as this has done to you, then I guess the best outcome was to have the thread removed. Im sure there will be other more appropriate sites that you can add your support to Shilpa on.
We are all going through rough times just now and I think its about getting things into perspective - Shilpa will be getting lots of support when she leaves the big brother house - unlike the members on here who are left to cope with this debilitating illness on a daily basis with little or no support.

........life is for living not just for surviving

eeyorelover
19-01-07, 19:46
I wasn't sure whether I should reply cuz I still have absolutely no idea who Shilpa is!! I get that she must be a TV character but since I am in the US I am sorry to say that I am clueless about her.
I can only tell you that for some time we have had start making some hard decisions about topics and what relates the this site and what doesn't because of the amount of topics that have nothing to do with this site.
If there is alot of interest in a certain thread and it doesn't have anything to do with anxiety we sometimes leave the thread but as a norm we usually will delete a thread if it doesn't pertain to anxiety or if it causes arguments.
I am sorry if it caused you any stress!!!
I would like to add (in a kind and supportive way) that maybe it is not the wisest idea for someone to get so emotionally invested in someone elses wellbeing who they have never met or corresponded with.
xxx
Sandy

chillx
19-01-07, 20:07
Hi

I am still not sure what is and isn't appropriate posts on a stress and anxiety forum? Maybe we would all benefit from clarity. This one was posted by an administrator.

[Link removed as post deleted]

chillx

nomorepanic
19-01-07, 20:45
I need to explain what is happening here.

We are soon moving to a new forum and I need to remove as many "non relevant" posts as possible before we move as basically this forum is too big as it is.

I have been spending time going through the forums and removing each old/irrelevant post individually and it is taking a lot of time.

I will be getting on to the MISC ones soon but I started at the top and working down.

That post will go too - sorry Andrea lol.

I stand by what I said that it was not relevant on here and I am sorry it has distressed you spock - that was not the intention.

You can still do a post on the BB forum and tell her to read that one instead.

I am not apologising for what I am doing as it needs to be done to keep the forum running at a reasonable speed.

I will continue to remove irrelevant posts on here. It is not about stopping free speech and all that before anyone complains! It is purely about keeping the forum to a manageable size that we can run at a decent speed.

I hope that explains things.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
19-01-07, 20:51
Sorry Nic !

Wont happen again, and sorry if my post offended anyone,

Ive been named and shamed[:I]im going to stand in the corner now !

Love

Andrea
xxxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
19-01-07, 21:02
Andrea

On the topical theme..

You have been evicted - please leave the NMP house

[}:)][}:)][:X][:P];)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

feege
19-01-07, 21:22
I was interested to notice that Jo in the CBB house had a major panic attack - I've never seen anyone else have one and I really felt for her, especially when she said that she was so proud she had gone 14 days without one. She is still very stressed and I have been hooked into watching because of that.

I did not think that supporting shilpa here was appropriate actually.... I thought she had intimidated people (Jo especially). I also feel really sorry for Jade (especially after tonight). I know you didn't want comments on your thread that did not agree with you - but is that really reasonable? I found it hard not to say anything!!!

Shilpa does not appear to suffer from anxiety so I see no relevance in this board giving her support? So nic was right to remove it as 'irrelevant'.

Just had to say that...

However I am really really sorry that you felt upset and stressed by the thread being removed, I know how emotionally involved we can get with the programme, and how sensitive we can feel about peoples' responses on these boards - but it is clear that no-one had any intention of upsetting you.

I hope you feel better now it has been explained to you! xxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

eeyorelover
20-01-07, 17:05
Thought I would post this link in case anyone was interested.
http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/index.jsp
They have a forum and lots of info on the show.
xxx
Sandy

Granny Primark
20-01-07, 17:29
Thanks sandy,
Im a huge big brother fan.
Shows what a saddo ive turned into LOL

Take care
LYNN xx