PDA

View Full Version : To People with HA who have kids

dittarco
31-03-15, 02:09
I have an 18m old daughter and today she was home sick from daycare. I stayed back with her. My husband went to work and then had school at night so he was gone for nearly 12 hours. Being alone in the house for that long will sometimes provoke anxiety attacks at some point. Well it happened and I broke down in tears in front of my child.

She's asleep now as I was able to pull it together to put her to sleep but she saw me crying and panicking.

I don't want to doom my kid into this kind of life. I know my environment growing up plus genetics created this type of mentality I now have.

I'm beyond distraught right now. If anyone could offer any advice or compassion I would appreciate it

worrywart29
31-03-15, 02:23
I have a three year old and all I can say is thank god for my mom she has been helping me with him a lot because this anxiety is consuming me. One day I was talking to mom and complaining about one of my many issues and out of no Where he said mommy you always sick. I didn't even realize he noticed and from that day on I made sure not to talk about how I'm feeling around him and also pulled myself together for his sake I don't want my issues affecting him.

jessicalittler79
31-03-15, 04:14
Health anxitey so hard with kids :(

cattia
31-03-15, 20:59
I have kids and I worry about them as much or more as I worry about myself. I try so hard not to show it, but I notice that my daughter who is five already focused on her health and body a lot. For example she will often talk about having a tummy ache, or get really worried if she has a tiny cut or mark. It breaks my heart to think that she may have learned this from me and it makes me determined to try really hard not to focus or talk about my health in front of the kids. Even if you think you are being discrete, it's amazing how much they do pick up on.

KeeKee
01-04-15, 09:04
I have an almost 8 year old daughter who has seen me cry countless times. I don't believe it has affected her at all and I feel like seeing me cry has strengthened her as other children tend to get upset when they see their parents cry and my daughter doesn't. She knows adults cry too.
I do feel like my being depressed has affected her slightly though, she isn't as excitable as most children are and at home appears very lazy when I know she isn't. Probably because I'm never happy so she has no motivational influences.
I have seen a few professionals and mentioned my worries about (mainly my depression) rubbing off and they have said they don't believe it is affecting her, they've never met her mind but I do tell them everything.

Louise190685
01-04-15, 09:20
I have a 8 year old son and a 5 year old son. Luckily I have my parents to help me out with them whilst I am feeling unwell with anxiety. Yesterday they wanted me to go to the park with them but I really couldn't face it due to tiredness and just feeling weak. My 8 year old doesn't understand why I am ill because he cannot see anything physically wrong with me. It's hard to explain to them in a way in which they will understand.