PDA

View Full Version : Twitching waking me up at night

LauraWoo84
31-03-15, 05:53
So two years in July I will have had muscle and spine issues at c5 and c6 of my spine, the tops of my spine pertrudes. When it first happened I had an MRI scan and nothing sinister was discovered I was told it was just muscular. I've seen chiropractors, acupuncturists, physiotherapists and I do pilates. Nothing seems to help ease the twitching and it continues to wake me up at night. I feel as though my whole head is bouncing around and in turn my whole body. I am not sure if this is related to my anxiety or not but I'm apprehensive that something has been missed. Can muscle twitches really be so bad they wake you up and does anyone have any suggestions on how I can cure them for good withour taking medication

Serenity1990
01-04-15, 19:13
I found this to be of enormous help.

http://www.aboutbfs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16549

LauraWoo84
02-04-15, 07:01
Thank you so much serenity that link has been really useful lots of brillant stuff for me to read my symptoms do sound a lot like bfs

Mindknot
02-04-15, 14:48
So two years in July I will have had muscle and spine issues at c5 and c6 of my spine, the tops of my spine pertrudes. When it first happened I had an MRI scan and nothing sinister was discovered I was told it was just muscular. I've seen chiropractors, acupuncturists, physiotherapists and I do pilates. Nothing seems to help ease the twitching and it continues to wake me up at night. I feel as though my whole head is bouncing around and in turn my whole body. I am not sure if this is related to my anxiety or not but I'm apprehensive that something has been missed. Can muscle twitches really be so bad they wake you up and does anyone have any suggestions on how I can cure them for good withour taking medication

Does sound like BFS, but muscles will twitch more when they are tired - it could be happening at night because this is when the majority of muscle repair takes place...

Um, sounds like you've done the practitioner rounds, but wondered if you'd tried an osteopath? I've found that they take quite a holistic view to posture problems - I have a bit of a forward head/hunchy thing going on in that area so my osteopath has done quite a bit muscle work on my neck and all around - even right down into my lower back & shoulder muscles because well... it's all joined up and attached to your spine - an imbalance somewhere can put more pressure on certain muscles and consequently overtire them:

http://masajivarna.com/Galery3/images/Muscles%20Of%20Shoulder.jpg

Just an idea anyway, I've learnt a lot from my osteopath and my posture is getting better because of it.

Serenity1990
02-04-15, 14:52
I often use osteopaths.

I tried a new one the other day, I had an unforgettable experience. During one cranial manipulation in my lumber spine I actually felt like I was spinning, so violently that I genuinely thought I was going to fall off the table. By the end of it my whole body was buzzing like I was plugged into the mains, an experience I have every now and then anyway but massively exaggerated.

For me I took it as reassurance that my problems are at worst structural, and I actually quite enjoyed it, I guess like a healthy acid trip. :)

Mindknot
02-04-15, 15:08
I often use osteopaths.

I tried a new one the other day, I had an unforgettable experience. During one cranial manipulation in my lumber spine I actually felt like I was spinning, so violently that I genuinely thought I was going to fall off the table. By the end of it my whole body was buzzing like I was plugged into the mains, an experience I have every now and then anyway but massively exaggerated.

For me I took it as reassurance that my problems are at worst structural, and I actually quite enjoyed it, I guess like a healthy acid trip. :)

:yesyes: haha! yeah I know what you mean, I love visiting the osteopath, it makes me feel amazing for the rest of the day (well until about mid-afternoon, then things get a wee bit achy... :) )

LauraWoo84
05-04-15, 22:45
Does sound like BFS, but muscles will twitch more when they are tired - it could be happening at night because this is when the majority of muscle repair takes place...

Um, sounds like you've done the practitioner rounds, but wondered if you'd tried an osteopath? I've found that they take quite a holistic view to posture problems - I have a bit of a forward head/hunchy thing going on in that area so my osteopath has done quite a bit muscle work on my neck and all around - even right down into my lower back & shoulder muscles because well... it's all joined up and attached to your spine - an imbalance somewhere can put more pressure on certain muscles and consequently overtire them:

http://masajivarna.com/Galery3/images/Muscles%20Of%20Shoulder.jpg

Just an idea anyway, I've learnt a lot from my osteopath and my posture is getting better because of it.

Thanks for sharing this information mind knot, can you tell me what an osteopath would o differently to a chiropractor. The tension is so bad at times and as it has been going on for almost two years now I worry bout the nerve damage that maybe taking place. Incredible image of the shoulder muscles and how they link into different areas of the body

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

I often use osteopaths.

Wow serenity that sounds scary, cranial manipulation does it hurt. Maybe I will see an osteopath as I need something that will make me feel better I'm sick of having blood tests and scans and nothing showing up but still being in pain and twitching all the time

Serenity1990
05-04-15, 23:48
It doesn't hurt in the slightest. It's a thoroughly wonderful experience. :)

LauraWoo84
06-04-15, 01:48
It doesn't hurt in the slightest. It's a thoroughly wonderful experience. :)

Think I will book an appointment with an osteopath and see if they can help me