PDA

View Full Version : Weird Things

Marco H
04-09-04, 17:58
Hi

Ive noticed some weird things lately i had them just before i startd my medication although they appear to be orse now.

My throat feels like someone is pushing their hand on it all the time and i constantly feel like i am choking.

Also my face feels weird, around my cheekbones and other parts of my face it feels like it is about to explode and feels achy and weak.

And my mouth feels similair as well is all this normal? has nyone else experienced this in anyway?

Thankyou.

Abby
04-09-04, 18:06
Hi

I dont know what medication you are on but you might want to check for side effects on the packet or ask your doctor

It could just be stress or the stress of the last few months flaring up- try relaxation and deep breathing
Sit quiety on the floor, or a chair that supports your back and breathe in from your stomach-breathe in and think 1- breathe out and think 1, breathe in and think 2 breathe out and think 2 and so on till you reach 10. Then massage your temples, your cheek bones, under the eye sockets- you might want to read up on pressure points and reflexology- just to get an idea- open the mouth wide and have a big yawn, then open it into a big grin- stretch the facial muscles. massage the jawline as this can lead to a lot of pain around the face if tense. open the mouth and just let it hang open for a few minutes- breathing through the nose.

lie on the floor- and breathe in deeply- as you breathe in whisper "Soh" and as you breathe out whisper "ham" this is a esoteric chant and the words open the back of the throat- no mumbo jumbo just plain relaxation techniques.
I hope that helps some
if still nothing- then of course see your doctor

xx Abby

Marco H
04-09-04, 18:07
Also another thing is it feels like someoneis pushing down on my face and on top of my mouth and sometimes i feel likeits going to stop me from talking but it doesnt.

It just basically feels like the uscles inm cheekboe, face and throat are weak i hope they arnt wasting or something it just feels weird i doubt anyone else has felt like this.

seh1980
04-09-04, 18:10
hi there,

My face feels weird quite often - almost numb in a way in my cheekbones especially. it's just a symptom of anxiety - don't worry!!

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
04-09-04, 18:21
Marco

I agree with Abby that the relaxation will really help - you are probably clenching the muscles in your face without realising.

Do you have a feeling of a lump in the throat?

Nicola

sal
04-09-04, 19:53
Hi Marc

Like Abby and Nic say you are probably in need of some relaxation to help release the tention. We often tend to be clenching the muscles in our faces without realising, just like it is common when suffering from anxiety to grind your teeth in your sleep.

Hope you are doing ok?

Love Sal xxxxx