PDA

View Full Version : So devastated

heyybeth92
01-04-15, 04:42
I'm really hoping for some encouragement or reassurance with this. I think I have panic disorder because I have multiple panic attacks a day...but even when I'm not having a panic attack I just feel really WEIRD and uncomfortable. I can't explain it. I just don't feel like myself at all. I feel like a different person. It's not depersonalization...but just a weird feeling that makes it hard to concentrate or do anything. Does anyone get this? Sometimes it is like panic attack symptoms but it doesn't all the way manifest into an attack...and this feeling is CONSTANT. I'm so freaking sick of it bc there is no reason behind it. I go to therapy and have nothing to talk about...if I didn't have these feelings ruining my life I would be incredibly happy. Can anyone relate to this constant scary and weird feelings? It's like a scary, uncomfortable, uneasy feeling all the time

MyNameIsTerry
01-04-15, 05:23
Yeah, I think those uof us with GAD will know what you are talking about. 24/7 anxiety for no real reason, trigger or no trigger.

When you have a panic attack it floods your body with adrenaline. This adrenaline rush lasts minutes, hence the panic attack. However, that doesn't use up all the adrenaline and the body has to metabolise it which can take a while. Exercise or deep breathing causes it to do this and some is excreted through urine.

So, if you are having multiple panic attacks, maybe it is the remaining adrenaline causing this residual anxiety until it metabolises? Are they space out so that this could be happening inbetween and because your body hasn't had time to metabolise it before the next panic attack , it is appearing constant?

I have GAD & OCD. My symptoms can be there a lot and at my worst, all day pretty much non stop.

You should talk to your therapist about this so that they can attempt to work on it as it may require a different approach.