PDA

View Full Version : Woke Up Today With Face Muscles Making Heavy Twicthces and Lip Felt Numb

mnaha
01-04-15, 05:53
For the last few days the muscles in my right side of my face have been feeling like they are moving around. Today I woke and my face muscles on that side were moving and twitching heavy and hard also my face felt funny and my right eye also felt weird and my right lip kind of numb.

I did the test to see if I had a stroke.I can move my lips ok nothing is out of place and also my smile is ok and everything looks ok but feels weird. It went away an hour or so ago but it comes and goes. I do have tmj and some bad teeth in that area.. would that cause this or could it just be a stroke that is happening to me? I can talk ok and blink my eyes correctly and move my mouth and face ok, it just feels weird.. anyone with any idea what this could be?

steph25
01-04-15, 15:21
I've had something similar before, except I was awake when it happened. Half of my face went numb, my mouth went weird and I was getting twitches in my face. I went to the doctor and he said it wasn't a stroke. I never got an answer to what it was and it's never happened again.

Gary A
01-04-15, 16:22
If it was a stroke you'd be in a hospital bed as we speak. Stroke symptoms hit suddenly and progress rapidly, they do not come and go throughout the space of a day or two. You may just have slept a particular way that's made that side of the face a bit numb, you may have a trapped nerve and yes, even TMJ and dental problems could cause this. See your doctor if you're worried, but I assure you, it's not a stroke.

Lilly13
07-04-15, 23:01
Hi there,

Look up hyperventilation syndrome - this explains twitching and numbness - especially in the face (around mouth area)

Best,

Lilly