PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a non HIV/MS sufferer!

charlottemelrose
01-04-15, 17:42
Hello HA people

I have been terrified of having HIV, MS and Schizophrenia over the years. I now don't worry about these conditions. My anxiety has found new territory! So if you are worried about these things, the worry does go away. I was genuinely convinced I had them at one time or another. I didn't have them and still don't have them.

During a recent pregnancy I had all the worst pregnancy condtions, except I didn't.

In the last couple of weeks I am convinced I have Rheumatoid Arthritis because I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and stuff ankles and legs. My GP suggested I have a blood test and I've waiting to speak to her about the results. She suggested the blood test not me! So this time I think it might be for real. Obviously if I do have it, it will be severe, I will end up taking drugs that will make me lose my hair and will end up in a wheelchair, unable to work and look after my new baby.

It makes me laugh typing it. But when I stand up and feel my aching ankles I will be terrified again.

It's so good to find a forum where I can hopefully help others and help myself too.

If you are reading this, nice to meet you!

venusbluejeans
01-04-15, 17:48
Hiya charlottemelrose and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
01-04-15, 18:46
You made me laugh. I like your attitude. I have arthritis so ignored my swollen ankles and sore legs till I was barely able to walk. A blood test showed I was low on potassium and a dozen bananas and a few quick trips to the bathroom and I'm fine. I now am on a diuretic that doesn't waste potassium. I don't have HA. I will probably die from something horrible and wonder why I never noticed. Could we please have a happy medium.I actually like my life.