PDA

View Full Version : Son choked on bath water now I'm freaking out!

BumbleGirl
01-04-15, 20:05
About fifteen minutes ago my 9 year old son got in the bath and I suddenly heard him gasp and cough and he came running out of the bathroom and said he swallowed a bit of water because he slipped when he got in the bath and he was coughing and spluttering for abouta minute but now he seems fine. I googled and it came up with dry drowning and secondary drowning and now I'm ereally scared. I don't even want him to go to bed in case he has water in his lungs!!

little.miss.worry
01-04-15, 20:53
Hey, I don't have kids. But I can totally understand why you're worried because I would have been worried too! I very highly doubt he has water in his lungs. A lot would have to go in. When I was younger, it sounds silly but I used to pretend I was swimming under sea and used to put my head under water. The amount of times I accidentally swallowed water and coughed my lungs up is ridiculous! And I was always completely fine. If that's any consolation ^_^ But, if you're that worried about him. You could always ring up the 111 service for advice? But like I said, I'm sure he's fine :')

BumbleGirl
01-04-15, 22:09
Thank you for replying. I took your advice and rung 111. They said they think he is fine as would have other symptoms by now and said just to check him a couple of times in the night. Still feel worried though xx

Gary A
01-04-15, 22:13
Take their advice. The chances of him having water in his lungs are very very slim.

BumbleGirl
01-04-15, 23:55
Thank you Gary x

little.miss.worry
02-04-15, 17:15
Thank you for replying. I took your advice and rung 111. They said they think he is fine as would have other symptoms by now and said just to check him a couple of times in the night. Still feel worried though xx

You'e very welcome! At least they've said he's okay! Hope everythings okay though today and you're not worrying anymore :) xx