PDA

View Full Version : acid reflux /sick can't sleep scared

stars22
01-04-15, 23:12
I keep burping sick or I will lay down and it comes up I feel I have a bubble stuck in my throat constantly I have gone a little wheezy my bretHong don't feel too good I'm exhausted and not getting much sleep laterly scared I'm going to choke in my sleep or even whike awake on this I have been sick a tea spoon amount from this but that's all I could get up now I have a dull tight pain center /lower chest and I know there's more I have nothing in to help it I only have like 7 hours until I wake up but I know im not going to be able to sleep because I'm worried u til around 3 so that gives me 4 tops hours and that's not enough can somebody help me out who has suffered burping sick constantly ??
it also made my throat horsey / unable to talk properly and burnt all my throat

Dazza123
01-04-15, 23:53
If its definitely acid, some bicarbonate of soda in water will help it. I suffer with reflux disease but am on medication, however in the past when I have had a flare up, this does help. So if you have some, a tea spoon in water, with some squash if you have some to disguise the taste, will help you. If not try some milk.

stars22
03-04-15, 11:01
Hi thanks for you reply I've had reflux for nearly two years ! It's a pain I can't eat anything garlic /tomato ect ect because it brings it oN :( I will Deffo be trying this next time it comes on normally every night lol do you know what meds are good do you have to go to doctors to get then or can you get them from a shop ?

Dazza123
03-04-15, 13:11
I am on Nexium (esomeprazole) this reduces the amount of acid your stomach makes, so less acid problems, you can now buy this at the chemist/supermarket.

If you see your doc you will probably be prescribed Omeprazole which is practically the same, it should do wonders for you if you are having it that often, and dare I say it will cure the problem.

Outside of this, Zantac is very good for acid, you can buy this at Chemist/Supermarket, Zantac is a brand name medication so its a few quid, but supermarkets will have their own brand of it for a pound or two and its the same item (Ranitidine) just cheaper.

However, having it that often needs to be adressed so get to the doctors and let them give you some medication, you will feel so much better when you do. I have had it 12 years so know what its like for you, but it can be treated very successfully :)

jacjacjac0_5
03-04-15, 21:40
Have you tried apple cider vinegar for your symptoms? I was misdiagnosed with reflux recently and found a site called Earth Clinic which lists natural treatments for common ailments. Apple cider vinegar has excellent feedback... It didn't work for me obviously because I didn't have reflux in the first place �� but it might be worth a try!

stars22
03-04-15, 21:54
Oh really oh wow asif you was miss diagnosed with reflux I will have to try it �� thankyou

Dazza123
04-04-15, 08:28
I have apple cider vinegar, and I tried it, it made my problems a lot worse, and caused severe pain, but that is because I have GERD, always worth a try, and being natural its much better than meds, just be aware that it could cause pain if you definitely have reflux acid issues :)