PDA

View Full Version : Such a strange symptom. am I going crazy?

heyybeth92
02-04-15, 08:14
Hello. I hope I can find some reassurance here...I feel like I'm losing my mind and I need to know if other people experience this as well...
I know I have anxiety, panic disorder and probaby depression...but sometimes....it is kind of hard to explain...
I feel like I am not me. I feel like the people around me aren't really real...not like I'm in a dream...but like they don't exist and I don't exist. I find it really hard to think abstractly about things like God or faith....and I don't feel like I can remember the feelings I had in my relationships with other people. It all just seems like it isn't real and that I am in a pretend world or something. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?! I know it is crazy, trust me, I know. But...can anyone relate?

Mrsmitchell1984
02-04-15, 08:25
I think this is what they call depersonalisation. It is really common. Put it into your search terms and you will find it.

Xx

MyNameIsTerry
02-04-15, 08:36
You want to take a look on the OCD board for solipsism threads. There are some and one is pretty recent in terms of posts so there should be some people about who can help you understand this.

OCD can seem a bit crazy. It took me some time to understand my various forms and they don't bother me anywheer near as much now and some are gone.

NoPoet
03-04-15, 00:16
What you're going through is a normal reaction to your situation. Your brain is cutting you off from the world to avoid suffering an overload. It is NOT a warning of impending doom, it's a natural and logical response to an overwhelming situation and your body has basically taken over for a bit.

Another cause of this is that you have changed, and you are seeing the world through new eyes, so everything seems unfamiliar and strange. Don't panic, keep going, the strangeness will only last until you start coming to terms with things.

What you are going through is normal and you will be okay in time.

H.Daniel
04-04-15, 09:24
Reality is different to every single human on this Planet. You see your reality with your own eyes, in your own perspective. That doesn't mean you are crazy, not even close.

The best thing about life is that we can make our own reality the way we want and we are responsible for the most things that happen to us in life.

Make your own reality, just the way you want.

Take care!