PDA

View Full Version : Back on Mirtizipine after 6 weeks off

ShaunD
02-04-15, 11:06
Hi, had been taking mirtizipine 30mg for over 18ths for anxiety related issues along with pregabalin.
I was doing ok until around 6 weeks ago as my anxiety was creeping back in and my doc changed my medication to busperine.
Since that I believe that I have been having withdrawel symptoms of which my doctor says not as I haven't slept or eaten properly and lost nearly 2 stone in weight since coming off them.
I got in touch with my doc yesterday who advised me to go back on the Mirtizipine at 15 mg for a week and then to 30mg.
last night I slept pretty well, in fact the best sleep i have had in a month as I know from last time they make you sleep well.
I am also still taking the busperine as that is very mild and may help with some of the anxiety.
So basically i know that mirtizipine causes a bit of weight gain but also helps with anxiety especially if you are not sleeping well.
I believe that although this drug has side affects of drowsiness in the mornings and a bit of weight gain I think it is a good drug and it works for me. xx

NR
02-04-15, 12:35
This is my first time on it- I am in week five. The first few weeks of 15mg were good for sleep, but now its getting a bit broken. I am putting on weight which is not great. I am not sure I have noticed an upside yet.

I keep dropping things and I hardly feel like doing anything, it seems to have taken away my motivation. This happened last time I tried medication and is of concern.

The worst side affect is anger for me - I feel very prickly on it.

ShaunD
02-04-15, 14:11
Hi , the last time I was on it I was on it for 18ths and did put some weight on as you appetite will increase . For me thought I will take all the weight gain against feeling this bad when I was off it so it must have been doing something .
Maybe you might need a anxiety Med as well as that's what I was on as mirtizipine is mainly directed towards depression but it can work for both .
If I remember it took a while to kick in on the 30mg dose and did zap my energy in the mornings of which you need to make yourself do things .
If you always remember that these medications are only just helpings with symptoms of depression & anxiety and we all need therapy as well while we have this condition .
I am awaiting cbt therapy and also looking at the mindful program .