PDA

View Full Version : Lump on anus - lymph node?

DaxeUK
02-04-15, 12:31
Hi,

Bit of a HA attack at the moment, ive got a pea size lump on my anus that I noticed when cleaning, its about a pea size if not slightly smaller.

Initially it was painful to a degree but checking on it today its not anymore. Its hard, inmobile and pain free but a week ago it was painful.

Do we have lymph nodes on our anus? I know there scattered everywhere and I couldn't see any answer online really to confirm we don't have them there. Please let me know as I am really worried about it :(

Dazza123
02-04-15, 12:38
Its more likely to be a 'spot/boil' type of thing under the skin, which will come to nothing and usually go after a couple of weeks, id be surprised if it was something else.

Gary A
02-04-15, 12:55
It doesn't sound overly concerning, however, it's not really something that should be ignored either. See your doctor.

DaxeUK
02-04-15, 13:05
thanks :) I did think maybe it was that when it hurt but now its painless its started to make me worry as the size hasn't changed.

Do we have lymph nodes on our anus? Maybe its swollen if that's the case. It has already been some weeks so a few more and I will see the doctor.

Fishmanpa
02-04-15, 13:09
Do we have lymph nodes on our anus?

Ummm... nope ;)

Positive thoughts

Gary A
02-04-15, 13:12
Your lymphatic system is everywhere, but it's unlikely to be a swollen node in that particular area. It may be a sebaceous cyst or something equally benign. I wouldn't lose sleep over it but I'd definitely get it checked out if it doesn't go away.

Dazza123
02-04-15, 13:25
I had something similar but right at the top, by my back, and it was a lump, it hurt if I touched it, then it didn't hurt but was still there, then it went, I probably had it a few weeks, I just forgot about it though, but I assume it was maybe an ingrowing hair or something, but it did go. Obviously see your doctor if it doesnt go, or you are concerned, but to be honest I have never heard of a problem with things like this in that area.

DaxeUK
03-04-15, 18:52
Thanks all - I'm going to give it 2-3 weeks to go then I will go to the doctors. If lymph nodes are not in that area then I'm a little more relaxed about it. :bighug1:

youdontknowme
03-04-15, 18:54
Sounds like a skin tag type of deal. Definitely doesn't sound like anything to lose your hat over. You could probably just get it removed if it bothers ya. Good luck with your doc :)

sarahsparkleshine
04-04-15, 14:52
Hemorrhoids... They can be hard, and fit your description.

Crona
04-04-15, 15:01
Just sitting in hot water everyday without using a fragrant soap may help it go down. I had something similar but I soaked in hot water every day and sometimes with Epsom salt and it went a way in about or less than a week.

jacjacjac0_5
04-04-15, 20:08
I second haemorrhoids. I've had once since I gave birth. Mine is painless.