PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Anxiety

Tastee
02-04-15, 21:00
I find anyway to presume myself doomed. I don't know how to get these terrible thoughts out of my head. I try, but for some reason I always relapse into terrible thoughts…

So I had a coffee mug in my car for a day. I had an air freshener in my car to rid of a bad odor i had in my car. Throughout the day it seemed like the smell of the freshener stuck to my mug. It smelt like the freshener. I should've just thrown out the mug because I knew it would cause me turmoil…

So I put the mug in the dishwasher with my other coffee mugs and cups and plates. Now, I feel like the smell of the freshener must've gotten onto the other stuff in the dishwasher. I am always skeptical of cleaning products, and now when I drink out of the mug/cups I feel as if it will be extremely unhealthy and be a risk to cause some sort of cancer.

Is this a ridiculous thought? I can't stop myself from thinking i messed this one up and now I can't get it out of my head.

Fishmanpa
02-04-15, 21:59
Is this a ridiculous thought?

With all due respect, it absolutely is. Are you seeking help with your anxiety? Therapy? Meds?

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
03-04-15, 00:09
No. Things like exposure to smoke over the course of years and years cause cancer, not a few chemicals.