PDA

View Full Version : viral meningitis , heart failure scared

Natasha006
03-04-15, 06:42
Hi there
I think I have viral meningitis
I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days. It's hard to pinpoint a direct symptom or how to describe how I feel. I get these random feelings that blood is drained from my body and I get really shaky and my entire face goes numb
Now I have muscle pain?? On top of my shoulders leading to my neck.
My neck feels tight when I touch it and it hurts alot.
Feels like I have a knot in my back. But I feel it in my neck too
I can still move my head back and forth up and down but I feel tension.
Is this meningitis. I'm scared
I also have been getting left sided chest pain that cokes and goes.
Feels line a sharp jab.
Doesn't get worse while breathing in.
Scared to sleep in case I dont wake.

Serenity1990
03-04-15, 10:06
My understanding of meningitis is it would be quite apparent. This sounds a dead ringer for neck tension (often resultant of anxiety).

Gary A
03-04-15, 11:07
Viral meningitis would give you a severe headache with nuasea and vomiting. Your neck would be stiff as a board and you'd generally just feel utterly awful. Even so, whilst viral meningitis is not pleasant, it rarely even requires a stay in hospital as the body's immune system can easily overcome the virus.

It doesn't sound like any form of meningitis at all, maybe just a minor virus or muscle strain.

Emilym80
03-04-15, 11:13
We can't tell you whether or not you're ill- that would be irresponsible- but I think if you had meningitis you'd feel really unwell and would probably be vomiting, headache, unable to look at bright lights etc.

Without those symptoms it does sound quite a lot like muscle tension; try having a shower/bath and getting some heat into your neck and back. Stretch the muscles out afterwards.

Best wishes :)

Natasha006
03-04-15, 14:40
Hi everyone
Thank u so much for your responses. I woke up this morning and I still have the neck tension. It feels very hard. And my spine hurts when I bring my chin down to my chest.
I'm hoping its just my muscles. I dont ever remember feeling this kind of pain before.
I know that bacterial meningitis is terrible and can cause instant death of not looked after. But viral meningitis can be just as bad I think.
Hopefully its not what I think it is and within the next couple.of days it gets Bette.r

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy Easter