PDA

View Full Version : just joined

housewife50
03-04-15, 11:42
Hello,
My name is Janet , Im 50 full time housewife ( ex nurse) to 2 kids aged 22 and 18 ( diabetic) , one husband . 3 Samoyeds, 1 Bengal and 1 horse !
I found this site while looking for self help groups and thought I'd give it a go!
I have suffered for too many years with GAD / panic attacks and go round in cycles where I feel better for a while then feel bad again but never really getting on top it .
My husband is fantastic but I dont think he fully understands how debilitating its is and how isolated you feel sometimes.
As an ex nurse I find it difficult as I feel I should be able to 'get better' on my own and sort of know too much sometimes if that make sense?
Have tried counselling, anti- depressants & some self help stuff - unfortunately suffered an epileptic fit while taking Citlopram - in the middle of a beach in Norfolk in front of my 2 children and in - laws - wouldnt reccommend it ! Consequently I wont risk taking any other anti - depressants which seems to be all the Drs can really help you with. I dont want to find the answer relying on medication either !
Im very interested to meet others who have similar problems and to share experiences/tips what works for them and maybe meet some new friends !
Look forward to meeting everyone thanks Janet

venusbluejeans
03-04-15, 11:47
Hiya housewife50 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
03-04-15, 17:35
Of all the people with this condition that I know the majority are nurses and retired from the field early. Two others are councillors, who worked with children. Working close to people with problems does predispose you to the possibility of getting this condition. Even my Therapist has a Therapist. I can get very anxious moments while explaining things but to see the results makes it worth it.