PDA

View Full Version : Feeling motion sick but not in a car

Chlobo
03-04-15, 17:38
The only way I can describe how I feel at the moment is car sick. But im not in a car? I've got that dizzying sick feeling you get when your read in the car. I don't get what this could be. Starting to think all sorts :(

venusbluejeans
03-04-15, 17:52
Sounds like one of the side effects of anxiety...... vertigo... nothing to worry about, in fact the more you worry the more it will be there as it is the anx that causes it.

What exactly is vertigo - The precise definition of vertigo is an illusion of motion. But it also refers not just to illusions of motions, but chronic or intermittent sensation of loss of balance.

Chlobo
03-04-15, 18:56
I'm worried it's due to a brain tumour. I have had dizziness before, but yeah the more I focus on it the worse it gets

venusbluejeans
03-04-15, 22:14
Honestly don't worry about it, I am 99% sure it is due to your anxiety... the more you worry the worse it is.... I used to hate it

feelthelove
03-04-15, 22:35
I have to agree with venusbluejeans, and i have had the symptoms of feeling off balance for months and went to doctor who said defo not brain tumor , the symptoms of brain tumor are nothing like you describe which is anxiety . Im not a doctor by any means, but i have suffered anxiety since i was 5 years old and believe me i have had loads of different symptoms and each time been told its anxiety .

I find the best way to deal with this is to focus on something the second it starts and stare straight at it and the sensation will pass ,also don't think about the symptom because you will make it worse .

Chlobo
04-04-15, 08:19
It is constant at the moment though, I feel slightly better in the evenings. I feel so tired as well. I feel like I'm focusing on it so much, like do I feel dizzy and strange this morning? Then I'm unsure and I focus on it more.
It's all so worrying and I have a one year old to look after as well and all I want to do is take her to the park and have some fun but im so worried about this dizzyness I can't even do that

helenclaire
04-04-15, 09:11
I have had the same symptoms for months,
it is horrible, I am trying to carry on as normal but it is really hard not to focus on it.

I am lying in bed thinking I better get up but scared because of how I feel.

Nothing bad has happened so far so I tell my self its just anxiety but it is still a horrible feeling.

I do tend to notice it less when I am busy though.
Hope you feel better soon, I wake up everyday praying I will have a better day x

Chlobo
04-04-15, 12:37
Have you been to the docs? I think if we stay inside the house it makes it worse. In feeling a little better today but fuzzy headed and my eyes feel strained.
I hope your feeling better soon I know how awful it is, your not alone x

feelthelove
04-04-15, 15:36
It is constant at the moment though, I feel slightly better in the evenings. I feel so tired as well. I feel like I'm focusing on it so much, like do I feel dizzy and strange this morning? Then I'm unsure and I focus on it more.
It's all so worrying and I have a one year old to look after as well and all I want to do is take her to the park and have some fun but im so worried about this dizzyness I can't even do that

When you say dizzy is the room spinning ? can you explain more detail please x

Chlobo
04-04-15, 17:03
No the room isn't spinning I just feel like I'm off balanced and fuzzy headed. It's hard to explain. I'm not falling over or swaying but it feels like I am when I qalk. Like something doesn't feel normal

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Walk*
People tell me I'm walking normally though

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Oh and i feel absolutely exhausted!