PDA

View Full Version : Dyed hair with permenant dye and now panicking!

Nyla
03-04-15, 21:50
I have used a permanent hair dye to dye my hair chocolate brown. My hair has bleach on it starting about 3inches from my roots and I have gone back dark haired now. I try not to dye it often for the reason I am on here, I freak out! But it was washing out a colour that did nothing for me so today I dyed it and now I'm thinking does my head feel hot...is it itching? What if I can't breathe in my sleep??! I dyed it about 5 hours ago. I have never had a reaction before but I know that doesn't mean I wont....hence the panic! I think even if I don't react to this I will have to resort to a more narural approach to dying my hair. Can anyone help, would I have seriously reacted by now? Does anybody else have this panic when it comes to hair dye?

Natasha006
04-04-15, 07:16
Hey there. Your reaction would have been instant! Also a lot of the hair dyes are now vegetable based so if you are worried you can always pick up a natiral product.
I can gaurentee that you aren't and won't have a reaction to the hair dye if u haven't already.
Usually within the first hour u would be able to tell. U would have broken into an itchy rash or your face would have gotten super hot and that would be while the colour was in ur hair. Not after u have washed it out.
Dont worry

Magic
04-04-15, 11:36
There is usually a help line number on the instruction leaflet you could ring for advice.x

Nyla
02-11-15, 18:39
Thank you for responding to me, I was fine in the end :)

Pepperpot
02-11-15, 19:36
Wow - just realised you asked this question months ago lol.
I have bleached and coloured my hair every colour under the sun, but since I developed anxiety, I refused to colour it. On my wedding day, I had the most awful roots every as I was afraid to dye it incase I couldn't breathe :(
That was in August. 3 days ago, I bought a permanent hair dye, and a dip dye too. I did the allergy test for both of them 48hrs before (I have never done that lol) and then dyed my hair, but I was still scared so didn't leave it on as long as I should have, and it looked the same as it did before!! All that palava and panic and I am back to square one hahahahah x

emily67
02-11-15, 21:25
Thank you for responding to me, I was fine in the end :)

i'm glad

x