PDA

View Full Version : HA Can Hit Anyone

Serenity1990
04-04-15, 10:17
Did anyone watch The Mafia with Trevor McDonald? In case you didn't it was a program about the Mafia in the US (particularly New York), and it followed a number of former and current big-time members.

There was one guy who used to be a hit man, he was a convicted murderer who reckoned he'd shot over a hundred people for his bosses. He looked the part too, the sort even I would cross a road to avoid. Right at the end of the show he took the cameras with him to see his therapist, en route to which he told McDonald he needed a therapist because when he was having hard times he obsessed about his health, and described health anxiety.

If there ever was anyone who I would label an unlikely candidate for an anxiety disorder it was this guy. Just goes to show, it does not discriminate!

MyNameIsTerry
04-04-15, 10:50
Was this the guy who worked out with his sons, Serenity? I saw the first half of it and I can remember this guy talking about his issues with anger. I've got to say, it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't a lot of mental health issues in there, but I wouldn't ever expect anxiety given what they get up to!

It just takes the right environment afterall. Look at how many ex forces personnel have mental health issues, not just PTSD. I once met a guy at one of the walk-in groups who had served in the Gulf and he said his anxiety came years after he left and has no connection to what he did or saw out there. He went from being a very capable physical guy to someone needing a ton of medication to get through the day and sleep.

P.S. nice use of the word "hit" in the thread title :yesyes: