PDA

View Full Version : Feeling much more positive!

Mart0310
04-04-15, 16:37
For the first time in the 6 weeks anxiety has been back, I actually feel like Im moving forward again!

Ive done a full week on the Vit D Supplements, Changed my morning routine and now had 2 sessions back with the counsellor. Im not sure it its one of these or a combination but today I feel like the fog is lifting :shades:

Also spent some time with the counsellor this week identifying why 'trapped panic' is such an issue for me. It relates to a fairly awful experiece almost 20 years ago that I thought was long forgotten, not from the subconcious it would seem! Talking that out was not the most comfortable thing in the world, but having an understanding of why I need to 'run' when I experience panic has been quite grounding to some extent.

Physically the Vit D has made quite a difference and the change in morning routine has helped me to stop associating habitial thinking with certain actions.

All in all feeling much better!! Hows everyone else doing?

Oosh
06-04-15, 16:38
That's great news Mart. Always nice to hear what's working for people. :)

gregcool
06-04-15, 16:51
Good for you mart.keep going mate.:D

SarahH
06-04-15, 17:35
Great to hear some positivist. Keep at it:D

sarah

gregcool
06-04-15, 17:38
Im going to get some vit d..give it a try,why not.certainly dont get enough of it.summer on the way now,im going to sit in that sun as much as poss

MyNameIsTerry
07-04-15, 05:28
Thats great Mart.

I guess you will need to get your arse kicking boots on for next time you see that GP!

---------- Post added at 05:28 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

Im going to get some vit d..give it a try,why not.certainly dont get enough of it.summer on the way now,im going to sit in that sun as much as poss

Yeah, why not. Ask SADNoMore (Marie) too as she has had success with vitamin D and where she lives its very bad for daylight through the winter months.

Also consider Omega 3, Greg. Fish oils come with vitamin D in anyway but Omega 3 is has some favourable studies behind it for depression.

I started supplementing with Omega 3 mid last year and after a slightly ricky month (I had more anxiety but better mood, so I suspect my body was adjusting) I felt my mood was a lot better. I stopped taking it at Xmas as I was slobbing around and my anxiety & mood worsened substantially. I started back on it and my mood improved in days! I have since had a couple of rough months as my anxiety has remained at the increased level but my mood inbetween my famous "every 7 days" blips was better. My blip came again last week and it was back to how it was last year after I had started the Omega 3 and my mood is much better again now.

The studies used 1000mg of either EPA or DHA (I can't remember which, but you will find them via Google). I spent some time looking around but price is also a big factor for me with not working. I found the capsules were very poor, even if they say high strength. The liquids are far stronger but some are still too low to get near 1000mg a day.

Oddly I found that Tesco's own brand was the best interms of cost vs. strength at around 800mg of EPA & DHA for £3 for a month. They have them on a permanent 3 for 2 offer as well.

Superworrier
24-07-15, 22:38
So glad you can feel some of the fog starting to lift.
I am having therapy at the moment and I didn't relise something that happened over 25 years ago still effected me today but it does.

The past few weeks I have cried , screamed , but I acually feel like I have started to allow myself to feel something about it .( if that makes sense )