gemdrop84
04-04-15, 23:04
Help anyone??

Davit
04-04-15, 23:08
What sort of Attack?

gemdrop84
04-04-15, 23:14
A panic attack, first one in a while, last ones Ive had I was fixated on my heart. Recently my throat has felt very tight and, ironically felt like I was choking when I took my meds! The worst has passed, I just feel.very scared when I'm on my own. And this is such a set back. Thanks

Ange1
04-04-15, 23:35
Please don't see it as a set back. Everyone has down days even when we are completely well. The difference with anxiety is we tend to dwell on it and carry it forward. Tomorrow is a new day. Big hugs :hugs: x

Davit
05-04-15, 02:25
One of the coping techniques I don't see here is called placebo effect. Some people are going to tell me this is a bad idea but it works and is accepted my the medical community. When you can not breath or feel choked you put vicks ore A535 on your chest. You then tell yourself you feel better even if it is doing nothing. Part of this is that the heat becomes an obvious distraction and some times the heat actually works, but the thing with placebo effect is that it breaks the thought cycle. I don't have to tell you the benefits of a good Cuppa. Well milk has tryptophan but all tea is, is a diuretic. But tell me it doesn't make you feel better.

gemdrop84
05-04-15, 08:22
Thank you Ange and Davit. I will try that and a cuppa. Cuppa helps most problems! I feel a bit under the weather this morning so taking it easy today.

Louise190685
05-04-15, 17:56
Hope your feeling ok now gemdrop84? X

zeros
05-04-15, 21:09
I'm having a huge meltdown myself now. Frist real panic attack a few days back end now I'm convinced my life is over... Please read my post. I would be forever grateful if I got a reply.