PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I trust the GP

paranoidjh
05-04-15, 08:57
Hi, me again. Still have this painless small lump at the back of my neck In my hairline. I am convinced it is lymphoma. Have been to the GP 3 times, the first time she looked at it she said it was nothing to worry about. The second time a different doctor sent me for blood tests which all came back normal. The third time ( I know - ridiculous) he said it was nothing to worry about and to leave it alone. I've had it for 8 weeks now and was ok until I read lymphoma doesn't always show in blood tests. Now I'm scared that they've missed something.

Sam100322
05-04-15, 09:02
Two people have looked at it. They said it's nothing to worry about and you've been for a blood test. your ok. Enjoy life

paranoidjh
05-04-15, 20:52
I know you're right but I'm still convinced it's lymphoma.

Fishmanpa
05-04-15, 21:01
Problem is, you'll remain convinced regardless of what anyone here says :( If medical professionals can't reassure you, what makes you think a post on an internet anxiety forum will? What you describe is one of the hallmark symptoms/behaviors of HA sufferers. I've literally read thousands of similar posts.

The key is to treat the real illness as opposed to chasing a diagnosis that isn't there.

Positive thoughts

Andy699
06-04-15, 15:55
Doctors have to train for years and years and years. If 3 doctors have said its OK, it is 100% nothing to worry about