PDA

View Full Version : Hello all,

daisy2
20-01-07, 13:37
Hello all,

I can not believe how many people here seem to be going through the same things as i am, it is nice to know that i am not alone with the way that i feel.
I have had panic attacks now for eight years, i used to only feel panicked when i was out and about, but these days it is like a shadow that i live with every day, i dont even feel safe in my own home. I can never see that this will leave me and i live in fear that i am going to go mad. All i would like is my old life back, the one where i did not fear anything, or any one.
Due to the panick attacks i also suffer from depression, which just seems to be getting worse. I do not take any kind of medication for this,
I would welcome any help or advice from any other members.[^]

ceecee
20-01-07, 13:50
hi daisy welcome to the forum
you,re certainly not alone
i can relate to everything you wrote
take care
rach x

clickaway
20-01-07, 13:51
Hi Daisy!

Welcome to this site - i have found it to be very supportive and hiope you feel the same.

Medication did not work on me, but just wondered if you have asked to have any therapy such as CBT?

I find it useful to be in contact with people going through the same - I also attend a self-help group (well, I run it actually)which helps take the edge off things too.

Take Care

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

honeybee3939
20-01-07, 13:53
Hi Daisy

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first Step pages Daisy you may find them of interest also.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

domino
20-01-07, 14:34
Hi daisy, Welcome to n.m.p. Ican relate to what you have written also, i sometimes think it,s a good thing not taking any meds, as one can get to rely on them, then they become part of us!! However, if the time comes when you feel you need them ,do,nt let your g.p.dictate to you what you need, they seem to dish out pills willy nilly these days, try natural remedies first. Good to have you here take care you.

manmoor
20-01-07, 14:42
Hi Daisy,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

tommythomson
20-01-07, 14:46
Hi Daisy

Welcome to nmp. I've found the site to be friendly and welcoming, i'm sure you will too!
You are not alone, that's for sure!

Take care

T

wobily_lin
20-01-07, 15:33
elo daisy2,

A very big welcome to the site..n yes until ye find a site like this ye dont realise how common it is...i was the same....this is great site an ye will get good support and advice...n also make friends n maybe even laff..so glad ta hav ye on board hun x

Take care,
Lin xxx

"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

Lindalou64
20-01-07, 15:57
hi daisy,
welcome glad ya found a website that you also can relate there are many of us you suffer with all different disorders hope ya find lots of info and support here....wish ya the best...........linda[8D]

nomorepanic
20-01-07, 17:33
Hi Daisy.

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

kittykat
20-01-07, 19:04
Hi there Daisy,

Welcome to the site, some folks need meds some don't but don't rule them out.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson