PDA

View Full Version : Sharp chest pains / back pain

ChrisMayo
05-04-15, 20:07
Hello all,

Happy Easter!

All day today, on and off I've had sharp pains in my chest muscles going through to my mid back which feels really stiff and achey.

I've had quite a lot of anxiety this week (both as a side effect of antibiotics and worrying about symptoms), so I may well have tensed up. I also have ongoing posture problems,

I just wondered if anyone has hard sharp tender muscle / chest pain. It tends to feel sharp if I breathe in deeply or press on it, or lean forward / backward.

I spoke to NHS 111 today who said it sounded like it was muscoskeletal pain as I had no breathing problems or any red flag symptoms.

I had blood pressure and pulse checked at the hospital and they said all was healthy there, so I know it's very unlikely to be heart related, but still the constant pain makes me worry about pneumonia and lung problems etc.

Anyone had similar?

Cx

newmama
05-04-15, 23:53
Hi there, I have had something similar to what you have described. Was definitely musculo-skeletal - pulled muscle or sth similar. No other symptoms (breathlessness etc) indicate the same is true for you. Relax and see how things are over the next few days.

Izzie2494
05-04-15, 23:56
I've had exactly the same today!! I had a hot bath and it felt better x

Shelly15
06-04-15, 21:02
Yes I get this pain to I've had it for a couple of months my dr said its muscle inflammation but I'm convinced it's a blood clot I stuipdly googles the symptoms 3 days ago and ever since I did I feel like I can't breath. Having a hot bath or a hot water bottle helps with the pain though

Toby2000
06-04-15, 23:18
I'd try and trust the 111 person, I know it's hard but they probably know better than everyone on here put together. See a doctor if you're worried, but it doesn't sound like much. Could it be caused by anxiety? When I get muscle pains or tense muscles, I think that long, hot baths tend to help.

Good luck

Toby :hugs:

ChrisMayo
11-04-15, 19:04
Thanks for all the replies. Sorry for not replying sooner.

The chest pains went away when I stopped thinking about them. The muscles in my back are very painful today, but I'm trying my best to ignore them.

I know i've had a very stressful month or two, so I guess it's my body trying to settle back down / adjust to everything, but any sort of pain sets off my anxiety.

Will try and ignore it and see how I get on over the next week,

Thanks again!
Cx