PDA

View Full Version : what should the back of your throat look like?

John_Daryl
06-04-15, 01:33
It looks pink in the mirror but when I shine a light on it it looks white-ish? But when I take a photo it looks pink :s confused and wondering if the colour should be white under an LED light

John_Daryl
06-04-15, 01:49
You can't see it so well when I take a picture but I'm not sure if its because im using LED

Fishmanpa
06-04-15, 01:57
Like a throat perhaps? :D Seriously though, besides the obvious HA/OCD explanation, why are you shining a light down your throat and taking pics? :huh:

Positive thoughts

John_Daryl
06-04-15, 02:03
I have like a stinging sensation in my throat every noe and again and I was seeing what was going on :(

PanicAttackGurl
06-04-15, 02:30
Sometimes mints such as peppermint can leave the throat and tongue slightly white. Also smoking and some drinks like milk. My tongue has a fuzzy coating that is slightly white because I brush my tongue when I brush my teeth with white toothpaste. It was something a dentist told me to do many years ago. I look at my tongue now when I brush my teeth so its not an odd thing. I don't know why its fuzzy looking and I don't need to know, if it was important my Dr would have mentioned it. We're not allowed to diagnose, but if the stinging persists, see your Doctor.

Fishmanpa
06-04-15, 02:35
I have like a stinging sensation in my throat every noe and again and I was seeing what was going on :(

Daryl....

Unless wasps are flying out of your mouth, I really don't think a stinging sensation "every now and again" is anything sinister. I'm not a doctor but your throat looks perfectly normal and I'm willing to bet a medical professional would say the same thing. You said it happens when your throat gets dry. That's just what happens when your throat gets dry. Drink some water :whistles:

Have a great evening and as always...

Positive thoughts