PDA

View Full Version : i have set my self some serious goals

herbie73
06-04-15, 08:45
Morning all, so I have decided enough is enough, over the past6 months iIhave had every cancer going, its totally insane, so i have decided that today, no more prodding and poking, no more dr google and no more seeking reassurance, its going to be really hard but I really need to stop this cycle, I am wasting my life just sitting here worrying all the time, so anyway the tablet goes away and the hands stay by my sides, wish me luck xx

Emilym80
06-04-15, 08:48
Best wishes :)

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-15, 09:08
Good luck with it!

Remember, there are no failures in this, only lessons learnt.

So, if you have a wobble, thats all ok. If you read professor Mark Williams Frantic World Mindfulness book he specifically mentions that recovery will mean experiencing where it goes wrong so this is ok.

If it does, take a step back and go at it again e.g. rule out Google, then go at the others like in ERP with the ladders. Remember to add Google back in later as part of recovery to prove you are beyond it.

feelthelove
06-04-15, 09:38
excellent i am with you on this :)

herbie73
06-04-15, 09:38
Thank you for your replies, I think the hardest thing for me is the constant prodding and checking, I am scared if I don't and something is wrong then I would miss it, I have been up an hour and a half, and so far I haven't checked but it so hard, any advice on this, don't want to cave in thanx xx

cpe1978
06-04-15, 09:41
I think MNIT makes a very important point. My views on goals are reasonably well known amongst some folk here, but to summarise, I think anyone looking for recovery without goals is likely to be on a hiding to nothing as progress becomes immeasurable. So I think your attitude is spot on.

It is so important to view recovery as a journey rather than in absolute terms. Allow yourself blips and failure and use the evidence of precious successes to demonstrate that you can do it again.

Good luck.

snowflake293
06-04-15, 09:51
Good luck! Go for it x

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-15, 10:00
I think MNIT makes a very important point. My views on goals are reasonably well known amongst some folk here, but to summarise, I think anyone looking for recovery without goals is likely to be on a hiding to nothing as progress becomes immeasurable. So I think your attitude is spot on.

It is so important to view recovery as a journey rather than in absolute terms. Allow yourself blips and failure and use the evidence of precious successes to demonstrate that you can do it again.

Good luck.

I agree.

Another subject discussed in Mark Williams book is how using DOING mode will made it analyse steps from point A to point B and work in absolutes. He explains how this is just too large & complex a problem when it tries to workout from now to recovery. So, work towards getting in BEING mode and take things as they come but using the analytical side to work from small goal to small goal and let the accepting BEING mode do the real work.

Andy699
06-04-15, 15:53
Me and my friend have HA and literally she used to poke her lymph nodes so much they would become huge. So she went to the Dr and he said 'obviously theyre going to be big, you're poking them all the time!' Lol. So she stopped prodding and poking and she stopped googling and now she is ten time better! Good luck :-)