PDA

View Full Version : really worried about my mums test results

goldenchicks522
06-04-15, 10:13
Hi.

mY mum had blood tests recently but they asked for more for some odd reason (this was making me anxious, is this normal?) she told me it could be because she was off her vitamin pills (but that doesn't seem serious enough for them to want it repeated or need it repeated)

she had new ones done then recieved a letter telling her to make a phone appointment, and they gave her one for tomorrow (it wasn't really soon like it would if it was something serious right?) if it was something serious would they not make her a) go into the doctors and b) make an appointment very soon? I'm so worried it is something bad (i don't probably have to say the kind of things I'm worried about but I am sure people can probably guess!)

Has anyone before had to have a phone app after a blood test and was it for just a normal/not serious reason? is this likely to be completely normal that they're asking her to make an appt? The letter said to make a 'routine' phone appt but I honestlty think that word routeine made me feel 10x more worried it is something bad, but if it was surely theyd want to see her in the doctors?

Thx for any poss replies :shades:

Gary A
06-04-15, 11:37
Could be anything from slightly elevated cholesterol or a minor infection. If any abnormalities at all are found in your blood then a doctor needs to tell you. A receptionist can only tell you that everything is normal. It's really not worth working yourself up over.

feelthelove
06-04-15, 12:12
Both my parents are ill and they have regular blood tests i used to worry all the time but i decided worrying just steals your day and you can't do a thing about it until the results come back .