PDA

View Full Version : stomach in knots

herbie73
06-04-15, 17:42
Hi all, have tried all day not to prod and google, but my anxiety is so high, I am so scared that Ihave something serious, im finding it hard to ignore it, I really don't want to go back to docs, wish I could just put this collarbone thing to rest, but I can't please someone help, my stomach is in knots, I'm not sure if its because doc increased my prozac dose to 60 mg 2 and a half weeks ago and its making me a bit more anxious, I'm so convicted I have something seriously wrong, but please don't tell me to go back to docs as I am to scared thanx xxx

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Please someone xx

sarahsparkleshine
06-04-15, 17:53
What is it that's wrong? And it sounds like you've been to the doctors office already. This is what I have started to do. I ask ONCE. If I'm told I'm fine by a professional, then I don't ask again. They're not going to change their minds if you go back.

herbie73
06-04-15, 18:58
Hi there Sarah, I have had many different symptoms in the last 5 months ranging from boob issues to bowel issue, my newest symptom is I jhave a small bump on my collarbone which has been there years, what I have started to freak out about is I have a long ropey band that is attached to the bump, which runs up behind the neck, it feels like a muscle but I do not have it on the other side, when I put my head in certain positions it seems to smooth out, now I have had a couple of accident where I could have injured this area, so this is my worry at the moment, thanx xx

worrywart29
06-04-15, 19:42
I used to be extremely scared of going to the doctor even now when I go I'm absolutely terrified. I started feeling unwell within the last two months and it's also when my anxiety spiked. My mother kept suggesting I go to the doctor to put my mind at rest I kept telling her I was simply to scared and I rather not know. She then said Whatever is going on inside of you won't go away because you avoid it sometimes you may be lucky to catch it early while there is still hope for treatment she told me for someone That's terrified of dying you aren't doing the proper things to make sure you have a healthy life such as regular doctor visits. This hit home for me because it helped me to see that not knowing is always worse than knowing. You are being consumed by the lump on your collar bone and I could see it is ruining your day to day life. As much as you don't want to hear it and as scared as you may be the only way to possibly put your mind at rest is to go and see about it. You mention you poke and prod so that you won't miss anything but even if you found something What do you plan on doing about it since you scared of going to the doctors? i'm only saying this because seeing how anxious you are over this issue really saddens me I know it's not easy

sarahsparkleshine
06-04-15, 20:39
It's such a vicious cycle. That lump would have changed in size by now if it were anything serious. I revert back to old worries too, that usually means I don't have anything new to freak over. You will be OK. This will pass. And your bowels probably over act when you are stressed. Mine sure do.