PDA

View Full Version : Walked into pole

Alice1
06-04-15, 17:15
About 2 hours ago I walked into a pole hitting my forehead, nose and left eye slightly.

It really really hurt and I fell over due to the force although not unconscious.

The severe pain subsided in a few minutes and I am left with a mild headache in the front of my head, the back left bit of my head and behind my eyes.

I also have a developing left black eye and am a tiny bit dizzy and disoriented sometimes. The pain and dizziness gets worse if I don't move my head slowly.

I am worried about brain bleeding and swelling and generally dying.

My boyfriend is with me and says he is going to keep an eye on me for the next few days. But what else should I do. Am I going to die from this?

I know I'm probably being ridiculous.

Lucinda07
06-04-15, 17:20
I don't think dying is on the cards!
But as it is a head injury see a medical professional as soon as you can or ring up the NHS line for advice.

Alice1
06-04-15, 17:27
I don't think dying is on the cards!
But as it is a head injury see a medical professional as soon as you can or ring up the NHS line for advice.

No your probably right. You just hear stories of people being fine then a few days or weeks later dying from brain damage.

I did that about a year ago when I had a head injury and the walk in doctor got me to squeeze his hands and said I'm fine.
I'm just worried this is different even though I don't feel so terrible. If the pain when I hit my head was a 9 or 10, this headache kind of thing is a 3, even a 2 sometimes.

Fishmanpa
06-04-15, 17:32
I'm sure you'll be Ok. People bang their heads all the time and the skull is designed to take an impact. Just be prudent and apply ice packs to help with any swelling and pain.

That being said.... pre-tell? How did you wind up walking into a pole? Obvioulsy you were distracted. Please don't tell me you were looking at your phone :doh: I'll bust you big time if that's the case! :D

Positive thoughts

Alice1
06-04-15, 18:02
I'm sure you'll be Ok. People bang their heads all the time and the skull is designed to take an impact. Just be prudent and apply ice packs to help with any swelling and pain.

That being said.... pre-tell? How did you wind up walking into a pole? Obvioulsy you were distracted. Please don't tell me you were looking at your phone :doh: I'll bust you big time if that's the case! :D

Positive thoughts

Ok I have calmed down a bit and have realised that if anything gets any worse I have the nhs at my disposal and until then I should not worry. Noone has dies of walking into a pole I'm sure.

Haha! No not my phone, my boyfriend pointed out an Indian takeaway he liked across the road and I was starting into its window and not at the pole in front of me. :doh:

Fishmanpa
06-04-15, 18:28
Ok I have calmed down a bit and have realised that if anything gets any worse I have the nhs at my disposal and until then I should not worry. Noone has dies of walking into a pole I'm sure.

Haha! No not my phone, my boyfriend pointed out an Indian takeaway he liked across the road and I was starting into its window and not at the pole in front of me. :doh:

Oh Sheesh! :doh: Well I hope you got some food out the ordeal!

Positive thoughts

Alice1
06-04-15, 23:16
Oh Sheesh! :doh: Well I hope you got some food out the ordeal!

Positive thoughts

I did! Not Indian but I was treated to dinner at a restaurant so all in all this has been a good day!
My heads still sore, and the back of head pain is worrying me slightly but I'm trying to forget about it.:yesyes:

Fishmanpa
07-04-15, 18:04
I did! Not Indian but I was treated to dinner at a restaurant so all in all this has been a good day!
My heads still sore, and the back of head pain is worrying me slightly but I'm trying to forget about it.:yesyes:

And at least it wasn't caught on video and posted to Youtube! :D

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
07-04-15, 21:22
Of course you aren't dying! I think you should see someone about it though, because it's a head injury. Maybe you're just shocked?

Toby :hugs: