PDA

View Full Version : First post in years. Fearing all diseases plus needle phobia

peach
06-04-15, 18:11
Hi all,

I haven't posted here in years. I used to visit here with health anxiety and tokophobia which thankfully has been cured ( two kids now :D)
But last few months its creeping back. I've been not feeling great, feeling warm but no temp and a little offfor the last few months. I'm now not sleeping well/much due to bad anxiety and of course I'm googling and now fearing diabetes and lukeamia! I'm crying at the thought of either!
I've just turned 41 and having tests done, waiting on results but still have blood test to go- massive massive needle phobia!!!! I guess I'm just looking for a little support as hubby is calling me the boy that called wolf even though I've been so good for the last 4 years :(.
I rang a health line and the nurse just said I'm now of an age where bad things can happen and people die :(((((.
I'm having my first mammogram in two weeks too and nervous as I don't know anyone else who's had one and, I guess feeling off and tired with 12 years of gut issues. I'm just running on empty ATM and desperately keen to get off this roundabout. Thanks for listening

worrywart29
06-04-15, 18:49
I can't believe a nurse actually said that to you. I hope you start feeling better