PDA

View Full Version : tonsillitis

fluff
06-04-15, 20:16
I havnt posted on here in ages, but ive got tonsillitis at the moment and its causing me anxiety like near panic attacks. It has got bit better today I feel so fatigued by it and anxiious. Think ive had this a couple times past few months can anyone relate to this?

Gary A
06-04-15, 20:27
I suffered terribly with tonsillitis for years, last bad bout I had was about two years ago. It's perfectly normal for it to make you feel really ill. As much as it is a painful infection that can be an utter nuisance, I don't think you should be panicking over it. It's a very minor ailment that's easily fixed with antibiotics. Eat ice cream and drink chilled fluids, use paracetamol and ibuprofen combined to ease the pain. Don't worry, it'll be gone in a few days.

fluff
06-04-15, 20:35
Thankyou so much, I didnt know if the tonsillitis itself was causeing my panic and anxiety. I think I just want the mental side of me to feel better. Do you think being stressed causes it?

Gary A
06-04-15, 20:40
Stress can cause a lot of things, it can certainly make your immune system less effective. Tonsillitis is generally bacterial, it's not really caused by anything, just a bug. As I said it's very minor, try not to worry. Even recurring bouts of tonsillitis are very common.

fluff
06-04-15, 20:47
Ok thankyou :-) bloody bugs I think I know what it is but at the time you think will I get better etc or will it get worse my heartrate was up aswell at doctors sometimes you rather not be told lil