PDA

View Full Version : will it ever end?

atki
06-04-15, 21:12
hello. ive just swapped from seroxat (after 17 years) and have now started on prozac, but only 10mg. im supposed to go back to my drs in 4 weeks to start on 20mg. im not feeling very good though and I don't know if its me, the withdrawal from seroxat or side effects of the prozac! im so scared to go to bed at night as I dread waking up early and being alone with horrible thoughts. I have a 3 year old and im trying so hard to keep it together in front of him. has anyone been on prozac before and have a positive story? I started on seroxat when I was 15 and I had blips every 6 or so months so my psychiatrist thought I should try a diff medication. im so tired of having to go through this so many timesI just want to be able to do normal things without panicking, which leads to severe depression.

venusbluejeans
06-04-15, 21:17
Hiya atki and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

PanicAttackGurl
11-04-15, 16:00
Hi Atki,

I was on Prozac for a very short time because for some reason I cannot take SSRI's. I tried a holistic approach when I was first diagnosed with Panic Disorder and learned many coping skills to get myself through the day. How are you doing today?

Davit
11-04-15, 16:19
I can not take SSRIs either.

atki
11-04-15, 17:17
I have been really bad the last few days and feeling scarily suicidal. I think its gradually getting better though. I just have to stick it out. seroxat worked for a very long time, its just the doctors messed the doseage about all the time, saying I needed to come off it, then increasing it then not monitoring it after my son was born. the evenings are the worst and then wake up really early and not getting back to sleep. how are you all doing.?

PanicAttackGurl
12-04-15, 06:22
Glad you are gradually getting through the medicine change. Be sure to keep your Doctor informed about your thoughts.

Thanks for asking how I am doing. I'm waiting on my back to heal up so I can plant some flowers in the yard. :flowers:

CoraB
13-04-15, 21:09
Hey there, I'm on prozac (fluoxetine) and I know it takes a few weeks to build up in your system before you see a difference so do stick with it. It really helps for me although I was on 40mg to begin with and now on 20mg.

I know what you mean about the evenings and mornings. I hate that feeling when I wake up and the anxiety is still there like a horrible weight. At the moment its bad but I am managing to get up and dressed and into work which is better than last week.

How are you now?

atki
13-04-15, 21:48
thats good that you are getting into work! I think my main issues are the side effects from coming off seroxat, just feel so sick and anxious. ive heard good things about prozac so I hope it works! ! early mornings are horrible cos you feel alone. what made you decrease your dose?

CoraB
14-04-15, 18:33
I know that if I can get into work it is a good distraction, unfortunately I have been there before where I have got signed off and gradually got worse and worse. I feel sometimes the only thing that gets me through is maintaining some routine of some kind although I have to confess last week it all went to pot and i ended up at my mums wrapped in a blanket shaking.

I decreased my dose as I really wanted to start a family, unfortunately I had a miscarriage which just started a whole long line of anxiety back off from when I was a teenager and since then it has just been one health anxiety after another.

Are you managing to get into work or do any normal things? its so hard for me to concerntrate my mind wanders back to my health concerns all the time.

Davit
14-04-15, 19:59
I have two cousins on prozac. They like it. I'm on nothing, I like that better. But it was a lot of work.

atki
14-04-15, 21:05
Oh Cora im so sorry to hear you had a miscarriage. I had to decrease my dose of seroxat when i wanted to start my family. Yes im the same with routine, im only ever off work if im really bad. Im also staying at my parents at the mo, i always feel best here because they have been through it with me from the beginning, plus my husband works nights and i feel safer here just incase i feel really bad in the night and i dont want to wake my son. Argghhhhh Its so bloody difficult!

lyndau63
14-04-15, 21:34
Hi,

I was on Seroxat a long time ago. I thought it had been withdrawn and was not prescribed any more because of side effects.....not physical so don't panic. Anyway, I have had Prozac too and got on well. Am currently on Citalopram which is also good. However, nothing keeps it totally at bay which is why I joined this site.
All the best.:)

atki
14-04-15, 21:44
thanks lyndau63. this site is def good to come back to for advice etc