PDA

View Full Version : over-thinking everything!

cjmcm
06-04-15, 21:46
Hi all,

Im new to this group having found it after yet another day of battling my anxiety. Have had anxiety for years but never this bad. I've had a really tough 6 months with my health deteriorating and taking my old job to court.

Am now starting a new job tomorrow and I'm over-thinking everything to the point that I've convinced myself I'm going to lose it in the first few months because I physically won't be able to cope.

The main anxiety for me now is my driving license. My last GP reported my to the DVLA and I was asked not to drive pending investigation. I got a second opinion and my new GP disagreed completely with the last GP and I can drive. However, it's all pending investigation and DVLA are getting reports from the GP and consultant.

I can't not drive though and am 100% certain (in my mind of course!) that I'll lose my job and boyfriend if I get my license revoked. Due to my health, I'm so dependant on my car.. I'm so scared my license is going to be taken away. It's all I think about every day and I'm fed up of it!

Anyway, really looking forward to talking to people who can understand!

xx

feelthelove
06-04-15, 22:03
why did your GP report you to the DVLA I don't understand why he would do that ?

cjmcm
06-04-15, 22:18
When I'm anxious, I lose my appetite completely.. I spoke to my GP about it and said I can go days without eating and I only notice I haven't eaten when I start to get dizzy. She then reported me for fainting and dizzy spells...
New GP said that was over-zealous and I can still drive

H.Daniel
07-04-15, 21:18
I am really sorry to hear about your situation. You should try to eat on a daily basis and avoid as much as you can skipping meals. If you want to be more productive and have the power to do good work than you need to eat healthy and constantly, the normal 3 meals per day are sufficient.

You need energy to function and that energy comes from the food we consume. You know what they say, we are what we eat!

Now, regarding the new job, the best thing you can do is to focus on preparing yourself for the job and not over thinking it especially the negative thoughts.

It will be fine, you will see.

Take care of yourself because no one will!