PDA

View Full Version : I have a cold AGAIN??!

KayeS
07-04-15, 09:53
Guys I am really frustrated now.

I had a bad cold starting on NYE and going into this year...

Then a few weeks later I got another one that wasn't awful and lasted a couple of days...

Then a few weeks after that, everyone in my house had a cold and I caught it too...

AND NOW I've woken up feeling terrible, this is the worst of all of them.

I've had 4 colds in 3 and a half months?! Is this normal??? I've had pretty thorough blood tests over the last few months because of other things and they've all been normal so there can't be a problem with my immune system right? Is this just extremely bad luck? I read that adults get 2-3 colds a year... I've had 4 already and it's only April!

I feel so fed up right now.

Emilym80
07-04-15, 10:01
I'm pretty sure prolonged anxiety can make it easier for one to get sick. How's your diet? Do you eat enough fruit, etc? If it was caused by something more sinister, I think it probably would've shown up on your bloodwork.

You could try taking an immune system boosting supplement if this is really bothering you. Olive leaf extract is very effective.

Take care :)

KayeS
07-04-15, 10:08
No doubt I've had anxiety for the last year or so but actually since the beginning of the year it's been better, and last year when it was at its absolute worst, I didn't get a cold the whole time.

I definitely don't eat enough fruit/veg but to be honest I've never eaten loads of that and I've never had so many colds in such quick succession.

Fishmanpa
07-04-15, 17:00
It could just be a fluke. You catch a cold, your body's immune system is compromised, you happen to come across another cold virus strain and BAM! Anxiety is known to put a strain on you physically which doesn't help either.

No choice but to ride it out. Perhaps the old standby vitamin C or a multivitamin, plenty of fluids and rest along with a bottle of hand sanitizer would be in order. Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

KayeS
07-04-15, 19:33
Yeah... I'm just riding it out, it's just incredibly annoying as it's really interfering with me getting myself back to a healthy state of mind when I just feel like crap! :(

feelthelove
07-04-15, 20:32
I am the same , i got a cold 17th November that lasted 2 weeks i then had a week free of a cold then got another one which was horrendous , got over that got another one which started boxing day lasted for a few weeks thought is was okay then one day i woke up with the flu and was in bed for three weeks and i also got bronchitis , been okay so far but i have been under so much stress with various things and stress weakens the immune system .

I would say its pretty normal

KayeS
07-04-15, 21:00
I am the same , i got a cold 17th November that lasted 2 weeks i then had a week free of a cold then got another one which was horrendous , got over that got another one which started boxing day lasted for a few weeks thought is was okay then one day i woke up with the flu and was in bed for three weeks and i also got bronchitis , been okay so far but i have been under so much stress with various things and stress weakens the immune system .

I would say its pretty normal

I feel your pain right now. I don't think the current one I have is the flu but it sure is a BAD cold... I just can't do anything and my whole body hurts. I was just starting to get back into my training as well :(

feelthelove
07-04-15, 21:03
apparently drinking tea is antiviral and also i was drinking pure orange juice along with hot lemon and honey to kill the nasty germs it also boosts the vitamin C.

It annoyed me so much getting so many cold viruses and i am very clean i wash my hands so often so it just annoyed me .

You need lots and lots of bed rest to recover x:hugs:

Toby2000
07-04-15, 21:17
I think that the initial cold may have lowered your immune system and then when you were recovering, another virus got lucky and grabbed the opportunity of infecting you while your immune system was low.

KayeS
07-04-15, 21:20
But it's happened like 4 times now :/