PDA

View Full Version : Tolerance!!!!!!

bearcrazy
20-01-07, 16:22
I'm a little saddened and shocked at some of the personal attacks on people that I have read in the forum. I am saddened because I feel that as people all in a 'similar boat' we should realise the damage that personal attacks can do to someone suffering from anxiety, and I have been shocked by the intolerance towards other peoples views. At present I am teaching my class of 5-7 year olds the importance of respecting other peoples opinions even if we do not agree with them, and that we are all different but we all have the right to be respected as equal people.
In the forum we get to chat with all kinds of people, and each and every one of us deserves to be treated with respect. Some people may express themselves in different ways but that doesnt mean they dont hurt the same.
Call me old fashioned but my mum taught me:
If you cant say something nice to someone, dont say anything at all!
This forum has been a lifeline to me, I love coming on here, but I know of people who dont come anymore even though they need help.
Thanks Nic and the Gang for being here for me and everyone else. Sorry if I've waffled on a bit, but I think we all need to support each other here, even if they are different in the way they act or talk or just are.

Thanx everyonr for being my 'NMP mates', thats what hubby calls you all. lol

ksmith
21-01-07, 16:51
Don't see how any of us could disagree with your post Chris. I second it!!

Kay x

net
21-01-07, 21:01
you took the words off my keyboard
i totally agree have only just started coming back to forum properly cos of the stuff going on

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

nomorepanic
21-01-07, 21:20
Bear

Thanks for the lovely post.

Glad you have made some good friends on here as well.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

bearcrazy
21-01-07, 21:41
you are very welcome!

thanx for being here Nic