PDA

View Full Version : Moving w/ Agoraphobia and Bad Anxiety

Sirwence
07-04-15, 14:31
Hello there - I am a 29 year old from the North East US (Boston ish) I have lived with my parents all of those years 27 years in our family home we built 2 1/2 years in an apartment first than a new house second. I have been off and on with anxiety and agoraphobia (periods of time in my teens with no anxiety at all or times with some anxiety - times when I could drive just fine - when it was my ANTI anxiety and now its become very anxiety inducing.. But I don't mean to ramble on; Those moves were not easy the travel seemed the worst part once I got to the place and could try and settle in (get my pc working and on it namely) and feel like im somewhere 'not on the road' I seemed to be a bit improved if that makes sense.

The bomb dropped was my parents have decided on yet another move this time about 900 miles (12-16 hour drive) to the south (im not good with hot weather either) to a place that will be warm for them.. Now I understand they have to do what they feel like but they did throw out the guilt trip on me when I reminded them they promised up and down the river and mountain that this was the place and I need not worry or what not. So the next move is sometime by October at the latest they tell me. And I am not ready for it- when I found out my anxiety was terrible and I had no luck sleeping even 10 hours later wound up crying a few days later :weep:. The idea of just repacking when ive just finished un packing is overwhelming in and of it self and I am doubtful I will desire to fully unpack again any time soon)

I have two choices ai for affordable housing and attempt to live on my own (I would be using food delivery services and similiar with meds (1-4mg Xanax and 12.5mg metoprolol) I have an idea of the place id go [ its the same apartment complex I was at previously and the complex's have wash and dryer , cable , a decent view and a kitchen so it would be sufficient) Or I could stick with my family.. I am not sure what to do and that is stressing me out all the more. As I feel daunted and afraid to try it on my own, and equally as daunted as moving somewhere on a more or less full day drive and where I will know no one and nothing and have to re do most everything. (we only moved 45 minutes from our original house the first two times so im close to all the things I knew and such)

Any advice or tips ? I apologize for the ramble just tons on my mind thanks for reading its much appreciated.

Gee-SP
07-04-15, 22:46
Hi. This is a hard call. Personally myself I would stick with my parents and go with the move. They would be more than likely be able to offer a better standard of living than an apartment block and much needed support for life's challenges too. If i stayed it would add to the problems because I'd still have to travel that distance to visit and add the further dilemma of not being able to see them as often as I'd like. Just my opinion, but hey, either option could be a new start for you and I wish you happiness and good health in whichever you choose. Good luck.