PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Remedy - my new best friend!!

buttercup123
20-01-07, 17:38
I know most people on here already know about Bach's Rescue Remedy - but there are some who don't (I only found out myself yesterday what it was) - but I wanted to tell everyone how great it really is!!
I have massive panics on buses and my fiance offered to take me out for the day to get me out of the house, and about 5 minutes before we were about to leave I started on a huge panic, felt dizzy, didn't wanna go out and generally feeling rough, but I was determined to go out and have a good time, and let him have a good time (my panics have kind of consumed both of our social lives as he feels guilty for leaving me home alone) so off we went. At the bus stop I felt really bad, but did the breathing exercises and felt a little better, once on the bus I had got my panic right down to a 1 or 2 and was really pleased with myself.
Then - the bus got stuck in traffic about 100yds from the stop I needed to get off at and the bus was trembling as buses do when they're stopped, and the panic went right back up to a ten in about 3 seconds and I felt trapped, the bus wasn't moving and it wasn't at a point where I could safely get off so I was stuck there. I thought I was going to faint, or worse, die. 5 minutes later, the bus was moving again and I got off as quickly as I could and was almost ready to go home - then, I saw Boots across the road and told my fella to go in get me some Rescue Remedy - anything was worth a try so that we could carry on with our day out, when he came out I took two sprays and within 10 minutes I was FINE. Really, I was so shocked (and proud of myself) that I was giggling and smiling that I had managed to stay out. We then went on the train to Matlock, had a fish and chip dinner and GOT ON AN ANOTHER BUS to the next village, took another train home, then ANOTHER BUS and got back about half an hour ago - every time I felt the flutters of another panic, I puffed the Rescue Remedy and I was fine within a few mins!! It really does work and I want to say thankyou to every person on here who has recommended it or posted about it - £6 well worth spending!!!

For those who don't know, it comes in a spray, drops or skin cream (I have the spray, it's easier) and its a mixture of herbal flowers; Rock Rose, Impatiens, Clematis, Star of Bethlehem and Cherry Plum, all in a grape alcohol, and you can use it as often as you like, unlike tablets.

I can do buses again! I have had the best day I have had in weeks, thanks to Bach and his clever flowers!!

*whenlifegivesyoulemonsmakelemonade*

Granny Primark
20-01-07, 17:53
Hi buttercup,

So pleased it helps you.
As i said yesterday in chat its a real comfort to know ive got it. I wont go anywhere without it.
Can i also reccomend the cd by il divo?
Yesterday i took my daughter work in the rush hour traffic. Coming back i was stuck in a major traffic jam. I put the cd on full blast and was singing my heart out to it even tho they were singing in a foreign lauguage. Im just glad for other peoples sake that it wasnt summer and my windows were down!!!

Take care
LYNN xx

buttercup123
20-01-07, 17:56
Yeah - thanks Lynn - I couldn't remember who recommended it to me as I wanted to thank them in this post - so bug hugs and thanks again, and well done for not panicking on the traffic - anything we can do to stop this horrible feeling is a huge help to us all!

Take care

Jo xx

nomorepanic
20-01-07, 17:58
Jo

Thanks for that info - much appreciated. I had these other links as well so have now added yours so that people can read about how well it worked for you.

Rescue Remedy - Help needed (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2298)
rescue remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2303)
Bach Rescue remedy Experience (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3967)
rescue remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5577)
Rescue Remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10781)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Krakers
20-01-07, 21:39
Hi all - just a quick question. Is it a strong taste or something not the noticable ?

Cheers ..... Krakers.

buttercup123
21-01-07, 01:18
Not too bad Krakers, a little bitter but the tiny amount of it you use in a couple of sprays you hardly taste it at all, and in a few seconds it's gone. A bit like cheap wine really but less than a sip is all you need!

Jo x

valeriej
21-01-07, 14:38
Well done, glad you had a good day in the end.

It's brilliant stuff isn't it? I carry a bottle round in my pocket whilst I'm at work in case I feel bad and I'm not at my desk. It's my "comfort" thing :) I feel better just knowing I have it with me.

Why do they put it in glass bottles though? I broke one at work when I was in the ladies and it fell out of my pocket, I was so anxious about it then thought oh well I've got my Diazepam if I really need it - thankfully I was okay. Managed to calm myself down but bought another bottle as soon as I was able to.[8D]

kazzie
21-01-07, 15:21
Glad you had a good day:D

Rescue remedy is wonderful stuff I swear by it!!!!

Luv Kaz x x x

ALWAYS LOOK ONTHE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE

pips
22-01-07, 13:12
A BIG Well Done Jo.
I don't go anywhere with out it. I find it very helpful to.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X X X

Pippa.