PDA

View Full Version : first panic attack

loopyloo73
08-04-15, 21:19
Hi ive only just joined this group. I had my first ever panic attack yesterday and im scared and frightened more than ever now

Davit
08-04-15, 21:34
And you have an advantage over us because you can tell yourself it doesn't belong, never did and doesn't have to happen again or you can think this is permanent now which it isn't. This is a fact, Some people never have another attack. They aren't here because they don't have to be. My brother had only one attack which he attributed to some pills and he never had another because he won't take the pills. So start the positive thought right now, A mantra, "this does't have to happen again" Get that thought into memory before twenty four hours are up and short term memory goes into long term. And it doesn't have to happen again just because we have them or in my case had them.

Louise190685
09-04-15, 08:14
Hi LoopyLou73, panic attacks can be very scary but what u have to tell yourself is that the panic will stop and it won't last forever. U might find that is was a one off and u won't get anymore. I have suffered with them for a few years now so I can relate. Pm me if u fancy a chat :) xx