PDA

View Full Version : Riley & Misty journey outside....

yvonne_uk_98
09-04-15, 23:09
Riley & Misty are now almost 9 months old, they both have started to go out side supervised.

on the first day, they both were so brave went two gardens down the road were out for 30 minutes.

on the second day, I opened the back door, and Riley found a big hole in the building, nearly disappeared down the hole, my son came out, which helped as Riley came out of it.

Misty would not venture out the close, she seen that the neighbor up the stairs door was open, went up there instead.

today I had to walk outside talking to Riley & Misty to get them to come outside. then after that they both went in different directions.

Misty went down the path, then in to my neighbor garden up the stairs. Riley he went along the path side of the house to my garden.

Than someone at someones door knocked on the door very loudly, Misty got a fright ran right into the house, Riley followed after Misty.

tomorrow will be another day. I'll up date tomorrow.

yvonne_uk_98
09-04-15, 23:19
Riley & Misty

swgrl09
10-04-15, 02:44
Sooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Can't believe they are 9 months old already!!

yvonne_uk_98
10-04-15, 17:12
Riley and Misty journey out this afternoon, took them a little while longer, then Riley, came right out the close, along the path, then under the hedge, then back in the close, then back out, all the way into my garden, then back, he was having fun, then he chased a bubble bee, after that he was off two gardens down.

Misty she took bit longer than Riley to come out of the close, when she came out, she went into my neighbors garden, under the hedge, exploring more, running back and forth from the hedge to the house. then she joined Riley two gardens down.

I decided to leave them too it.

then I seen big dog outside off the lead with its owner, my son got worried and brought Riley & Misty back in, Riley and Misty where not pleased, they both wanted to go back out.

They will get back out tomorrow. this time they can go out by themselves.

Riley is at the window he is fast asleep. Misty she is on the chair fast asleep.

yvonne_uk_98
13-04-15, 17:13
At the weekend,Riley and Misty stay in. On Monday, this morning,Riley & Misty (as soon as the door was opened) away they both went, no taking small steps to get out of the close, they ran outside, running through the hedges, garden to garden, having fun chasing the fly's, bubble bee.

The neighbor next door, let her dog out, Misty ran right past me back into the house, Riley followed right after Misty. I went in behind them. a little while later I allowed them both back out, they both ran outside, playing in the gardens,then this guy came walking past, Riley and Misty both ran into the house.

After that I was going to credit union, Riley went to the door to get back out, I told him he was not going out, he went in a huff and meowed to say, aww I want to go out.

Annie0904
14-04-15, 21:37
Your cats are lovely Yvonne and sound like they each have sweet little personalities :)

yvonne_uk_98
14-04-15, 23:03
Annie0904,

thank you for your kind words,very much appreciated thanks. :hugs:

yes they do.

When in the house, Misty playing with her toys, she starts to growl at it, its funny, cause when I play with one of her toys with her and Riley, she grabs it and starts growling,ya then have to leave it with her. then she runs off with it. so funny.

Riley he loves playing with toys too, just so funny they both are and so cute.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Riley and Misty have not been outside today, been wet outside, they canny wait to get out.

yvonne_uk_98
15-04-15, 23:10
Riley & Misty went out this morning for a little while, then came back in. when I got back this evening, I let Riley & Misty outside again, they two where having fun.

after a while, I shaked the jar of treats, and Riley & Misty came running, Misty ran inside the door, Riley went to the door and changed his mind about coming in, he ignored me shaking the jar.

Riley ran out, went his usual couple of gardens down, I just had to let him go where he wanted to go. I went into the house, told my daughter that Riley would not come in. She went to see if she could get him in, and Misty ran out.

we left them too it, Misty was at the door meowing to get in. then my daughter went out and shook the jar, Riley came running in.

yvonne_uk_98
18-04-15, 23:32
Riley & Misty go out every morning for a little while, Misty will come back in the window in the bathroom.

Riley only comes in through the front door, I had to go and leave the front door open for him to get in. as my scripture class was on.

yvonne_uk_98
30-04-15, 00:18
Riley & Misty go out every day,, Riley has learned to use the bathroom window to come in.

This Morning when I opened the door, I shouted on Riley and Misty asked if they where going out, gee they both take ages to decided if they are going out, when they are half out and half in.

Riley first, he was half in and half out, canny shut the door, he eventually stepped out, then right away came back in, as if to say nope its raining, not going out. Then Misty comes and does the exact same thing. nope no going out, its wet outside.

Oh I guess they only like it when its lovely and sunny outside :huh:

yvonne_uk_98
30-04-15, 22:46
Riley & Misty wanted to come for a ride in the car this morning, I was not expecting that to happen. open the car door, income the kittens.

was cute.

yvonne_uk_98
13-05-15, 09:45
Riley & Misty go out every morning, Misty i think she just goes out the front into the gardens, then makes her way round to the back garden, back in the house.

Riley he goes further for adventure, he is away a long time.

Last night Misty refused to come in the bathroom window, she wanted us to open the kitchen window, no chance. I opened the living room window, shouted on her to come in. she jumped down from the kitchen window, came in the living room window.

gosh what ya got to do for Misty to get back in.

Misty follows ya about the house, she is just one big sook. she so cute, they are both be 10 months old on 17 May.

I been trying to wean them both off kitten food, Misty not ready to change over to adult food. I leave it for now, try again in a couple of weeks.

I been slowly giving them a taste of the adult food.

swgrl09
13-05-15, 23:49
We mixed our kitten food wtih adult food for a while, seemed to help our kitty get used to it!

yvonne_uk_98
20-05-15, 01:36
Swgrl09,

Thank you for that idea to mix the kitten food with adult food. I will get some adult food, try that. thanks. :hugs:

Riley and Misty are now 10 months old, where relaxing in the house after being out and about.

swgrl09
20-05-15, 01:52
They're so cute, can't believe how big they have gotten!

yvonne_uk_98
01-06-15, 00:21
Well I never got that fire guard, my daughter took the black bag away from the fire. though we dont use it. we now got a spray bottle of water, anytime Riley or Misty goes near the fire place, they get sprayed with water. they dont like it,:lac: they run.

then a little while later Misty went up the fire place disappeared into the chimney oh my, she was not long up there, she came back down, covered in soot, not all over, thank goodness.

now she has gray patches as well as her beautiful mix of colors.

she'll just have to do extra cleaning. :shrug:

swgrl09
01-06-15, 01:11
Oh dear, I'm glad my cat hasn't discovered how to get up the chimney!! I hope she never learns. We use the squirt bottle of water when she is naughty too, works like a charm.

SADnomore
01-06-15, 04:27
Ha ha! That's classic, the half-in half-out, cats are well-known for it, aren't they? Oh! How sweet they sound to be, and they are so pretty too! Still very playful, and good friends, that's what you want! Our Thomas was at least 3 years old when we got Suki, because he was depressed after our son moved away. SHE wanted to play much more than he did, and SHE demanded attention and affection, but fortunately he is a mellow fellow and was very patient with her. Being her new "mother" was just what he needed. Best little investment we made, she pulled him right out of his withdrawal and sadness! They are good friends now and mirror one another's nap times, groom each other, and enjoy noisy play fights every day! In our kitties' case, they need the companionship of another cat to be truly happy. As your babies get older, I'm betting they will enjoy whatever they do, as long as they are doing it together! (And with you of course!)
:)

yvonne_uk_98
16-06-15, 23:30
Sadnomore,

Thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated, thanks.

very true, wow your kittens sound really lovely too.

Riley & Misty are 11 months old tomorrow. Riley after being out, comes right up to me, to let me know he still loves me and talking to me, then he goes and lies down.

Misty she is the attention seeker, she loves being petted.

when I park my car outside, and I open the door, Misty comes rushing into the car and meaowing to let ya know she missed ya, its so sweet.

When I going out, she runs to the car, as soon as I open the door, she jumps in, takes me ages to get her to go out of the car.

I used to get the warm welcome when I came home, into my flat, now its when I park the car. Riley he's been in the car too. what a right little pair they both are.

I tried giving them the adult food mixed in with their kitten food, yet again they are sick with it.

I guess we'll be sticking to kitten food. I'll leave it for now, I'll try again in another few weeks. last time I tried a couple of weeks after.

I guess the adult food is too rich for them.

yvonne_uk_98
23-06-15, 19:49
Riley & Misty, they are a right pair indeed.

When I get up in the morning, I give Riley and Misty there meat, biscuits, any milk, cause Riley will not eat any meat until he has had his milk.

then they both want to go out, I'll open the door for them, away they go.

I then have to open the bathroom window for them to get in.

its not long after letting Riley and Misty out, Misty is back in the house.

when I leave to go out, Misty comes to the car with me, waiting for that oppertunity to jump into the car. its a nightmare, trying to get her out. I'll just have to keep some treats in the car, only way to get them out.

Plus they both hold ya back.

Riley and Misty are now on adult meat, kitten milk, as they are not ready to give up the milk.

Misty she on the chair fast asleep.

Riley not sure where he is, he either out or in one of the bedrooms.

it would be good if Riley & Misty to sit long enough, that I can get a picture of them both.

yvonne_uk_98
17-07-15, 17:37
Riley and Misty 1 year old today. canny believe they are both 1 year old, to see them grow from 6 weeks old to now, learn of their characters, they are so cute and funny, plus they give a lot back, they love the outdoors.

Riley goes for longer journeys, Misty she stays close to home. what a warm welcome I get, can hardly get out of the car, and they are both there waiting impatiently for ya to get out of the car.

Misty finally uses the cat scratch post, Riley no joy with that.

Riley will come and tell me that he needs more food, there not enough out for him. Misty she the one that comes to ya when your not feeling great.

The fire place is no longer taped up, Riley and Misty finally got the message now that I dont want a living room full of soot. to clean them .

when its really heavy rain they both stay in.

yvonne_uk_98
04-08-15, 23:06
Misty went out this morning, when I got back, she was not in, that is unusual for Misty. I went outside with my jar of cat biscuits and called her name, she eventually came in, she not her usual self, she has gone all quiet, no meaowing, no running towards us wanting to be petted.

I think something must have happened, only Misty knows. I hope she'll go back to her usual self, she did not take any treats that I gave her. its not like her.

I just worry about it, she let me pet her, she lying on the chair next to me.

she was not interested in playing with her toys, that not usual either.

wish I knew what was wrong. I concerned about her.

Riley, he away back out. Riley is the one that is away a long time, not Misty.

swgrl09
05-08-15, 00:25
I wonder if she is not feeing well? Maybe she has a bug. Cats can get upper respiratory infections a lot. If she doesn't bounce back, maybe a trip to the vet?

blue moon
05-08-15, 07:55
Sorry to hear that Yvonne,I do hope your lovely cat feels better soon.

Bottleblond said hello to you in complaints,we have not kept up our jobs.....lol:hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
05-08-15, 21:13
I wonder if she is not feeing well? Maybe she has a bug. Cats can get upper respiratory infections a lot. If she doesn't bounce back, maybe a trip to the vet?

Swgrl09,

Thank you for your advice, very much appreciated thanks. :hugs::)

Sorry to hear that Yvonne,I do hope your lovely cat feels better soon.

Bottleblond said hello to you in complaints,we have not kept up our jobs.....lol:hugs:

Blue moon,

thank you for your kind words very much appreciated thanks. :hugs::)

I checked online too, turns out something or someone has frighten Misty, she went into hiding last night, she has slowly today had something to eat, come for comfort, played with her toys, this evening became quite vocal as usual. I got my Misty back, let see if she sleeps on my bed tonight. :yahoo::)

I'll keep ya posted. right now she not interested in going outside, I hope that returns too.

yvonne_uk_98
07-08-15, 01:53
Last night Misty slept on my bed, this morning, Misty went outside, the front door, sniffed around the close, then came back in, was not ready to go totally outside.

Then when someone came to the house, she ran into my wardrope to hide, I went to talk to her, let her know it was alright, that she was safe. can come back out when she is ready.

a little while later she came out into the living room, then we both went outside for a little while, as soon as I came in, Misty came in too.

guess it will take time for her to go out on her own completely.

I'll keep ya posted.

swgrl09
07-08-15, 02:02
Aw, it seems she's making slow progress but something must have really spooked her! It must take some time for her to feel safe again. You are good to her!

yvonne_uk_98
09-08-15, 16:50
Misty has been going out, only for short while, its getting like how she was, out for a short time.

This morning, she wanted a bit of what I was eating, my she is slowly coming back to her usual self.

right now she way back to lying on the chair next to the window.

Riley he in my bedroom lying on my bed sleeping.

its too cold outside for him.

swgrl09
16-08-15, 01:13
How has Misty done the past week? hope she's better!

yvonne_uk_98
20-08-15, 00:22
Swgrl09,

Misty is doing a lot better, she still bit jumpy, she is getting there. She going out more, plus even when I go out, she will come outside with me, and come back in when I come back in.

she will not stay in the house, when I out during the day. she loves her company.

Riley came in looking for some treats, my daughter told me, see ya know who gives out the treats in this house, meaning I do.

swgrl09
20-08-15, 01:04
Haha, ours knows when it's treat time too. She knows the cabinet it's in and every time I walk by, she runs up meowing for treats.

Glad Misty is doing better. She is so attached to you!

yvonne_uk_98
26-08-15, 00:08
I've not given Riley & Misty a treat over the weekend, my I was going out the other day, Riley came running to the car meawing, he would not leave me alone, my son had to spend some time with him, and give him the attention that was seeking.

now Riley is sleeping in the chair he and Misty have claimed, Misty she is on my daughters lap sleeping.

Riley lets my daughter know when its bed time. Misty lets me know when its bed time.

its so funny though, when they want to go to bed, they expect you to get up and go to bed.

its the same with their chair that they've claimed, they give you that look, you know that they want their chair back, so that they can lye there.

swgrl09
26-08-15, 03:55
Oh my gosh, I know. Same with mine. Right now she is rolling on my laptop while I try to type. They own the place, guess they are home more than we are!

blue moon
26-08-15, 11:35
My dog let's me know she wants to go to bed and I have to go as well,she is sitting on my chest now staring at me, oh pets are a joy in our lives:D

yvonne_uk_98
02-10-15, 18:33
Oh Riley and Misty not gonna be pleased, my daughter getting rid of the chair they have claimed. Misty she has gotten more sookie, she is the big sook, Riley he such a sook too.

I parked the car, opened the door of the car, before I could step out, Riley came in, I got out, opened one door, then Riley went to the back of the car, and lay down, I thinking how on earth am I gonna get the boot opened now you are there. I closed the car door, then went to the boot to open it, Riley moved into the back seats, then I went to the left side of the car, opened the door, eventually Riley came out.

I almost forgot to put my blue badge on the dash board, Riley took my mind off what I was doing.

I'll need to get an up to date photo of Riley & Misty. I'll try this weekend and get a photo of them.

yvonne_uk_98
03-10-15, 23:52
ya think Riley and Misty were kittens today, they both would not stay still long enough to get a photo, I'll need to try again tomorrow.

Riley, he found his voice, he getting quite vocal as soon as he comes in from his amazing journey.

yvonne_uk_98
12-10-15, 01:37
When I was going to the shop today, just before going, just as I stepped into the car, Riley came into the car, went and lye down on the dash board of the car, I took a photo, while Riley was still for few minutes.

Riley being bold.

Misty & Riley up to mischief in the car

yvonne_uk_98
12-10-15, 01:44
Riley no problem getting him out the car, Misty that another story, my she dont get out the car for you, you end up going round in circles trying to get her out of the car.

what a pair they both are. wouldn't have them any other way.

swgrl09
12-10-15, 16:19
Oh my gosh, so cute! They sound so funny!

yvonne_uk_98
15-10-15, 18:12
Managed to get a photo of Misty, she jumped up to the fire place, was sitting having a look round the living room, then I started to talk to her, she looked over towards me. she is so cute.

I was looking at Riley in the photos I have off him, my has he changed. from when he was 6 weeks old to now, what a difference.

same with Misty big difference.

Riley when he was 6 weeks old.

look at the picture above in the car, you can see the difference.

Misty at 6 weeks old

Misty now

though they are so cute. its amazing how much they both grow up, they are 15 months old now.

yvonne_uk_98
18-10-15, 00:13
This evening I was honored, Riley came on my lap for a while, wow, he dont normally do that, I think its cause my daughter Charlene not been home for the whole day, he misses her.

due to it being cold Riley & Misty stay in doors, though the window was opened earlier, when I checked to see if the windows were still opened, to find that they were shut, I wondered where Riley was, hoping that he was in. I checked my daughters room, no Riley or Misty, I went into my room, I seen at the window there was Misty looking out. I turned the light on, there was Riley on my bed, I apologized to him for waking him up, with the light on.

after that Riley came through to the living room, sat on my lap for a while, so kool, that not happened in a very long time, its usually Misty that is on my lap.

yvonne_uk_98
23-10-15, 00:10
This afternoon, my son and I were putting empty boxes into the car, while I was taking one big box out, I had to fight Misty for it, I let her know as soon as we get a decent box, right size, not too small, not too big her and Riley can keep it. I'll even put their names on it.

she didn't want me to take the box away, I felt sorry for her, cause she loves any kind of box that comes in.

I caught Riley trying to go up the chimmney at the fireplace, I told him off, my son told me that I didnt need to shout, gee, who's house is this. Riley did as he was told, I dont always have that spray bottle handy. my son was not gonna do anything, or say anything. somebody got to tell Riley or Misty off for doing wrong.

I caught Misty inside a kitchen drawer, I've never seen her go in there before, my grown up children, told me she been in there tons of times, what:ohmy:, my cheese cloth bags are in there. means I'll need to wash them, put them some where else. :lac:

yvonne_uk_98
09-11-15, 01:43
Last night, round about 4 am this morning, Riley had decided he was going to try and go through my stuff in my boxes next to my shelfs, I had to tell him off a good few times.

Couldnt he have waited until I was fast asleep, then made a din of a noise, nope, had to do it while I was still wakened, trying to go to sleep.

then he came over to my bed, and sat down beside me, then he jumped back over to the box, he did this a good few times.

I went and sorted his blanket, then I came back to my bed, then Riley left me alone.

I over slept this Morning due to Riley.:lac: Misty these days sleeps in the living room in her cosy bed. Riley loves sleeping on the extra quilt in the corner of my room.

what a pair they both are.

yvonne_uk_98
30-11-15, 00:11
Misty liking her new box she claimed.

I'll need to get a photo of Riley in the box too.

swgrl09
30-11-15, 12:01
hahaha, we bought ours a nice bed and she prefers laying on the christmas tree skirt. Interesting choices these cats make.

yvonne_uk_98
30-11-15, 22:42
I thought it was two year olds that like boxes, my daughter says to me, that we should have just bought two boxes and put a lovely comfy pillow in, that would have suited them both.

yvonne_uk_98
03-01-16, 02:53
Riley was in the car the other day, he went to wards the boot, lay down. what a nightmare it was to get him out, I took a couple of pictures of him.

though he is so cute.

Riley being bold

Riley being cute.

yvonne_uk_98
28-01-16, 01:19
I was looking over at my living room front window, Riley he was fast asleep, I took a photo of him.

Misty started to meaw, talk to me that she wanted a photo too, I took one of Misty.

yvonne_uk_98
18-12-17, 19:29
Misty was so noisy this morning, my I have boxes all sealed and packed and Misty was trying to open them up and go inside them. I had to get up and move the boxes into the other room to stop Misty from opening them up, she managed to get the tape off the boxes, what a little madam she is, driving me up the wall with it.

Riley he has been a bigger sook than usual. I wonder what that's about. maybe due to it being cold outside.

those two are a right pair.

lets hope I don't get interrupted tonight. I hope I get to sleep right through. maybe I should wake them up, from their sleep. nah I couldn't do that, love them too much and they are so cute when they are sleeping. I get peace and quiet for a little while.